Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Upholstery Text

Default Upholstery Text

I was just playing around in Draw and Photo Paint and ended up with this texture that I thought looked a lot like upholstery fabric.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upholstery_text2.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	37581  
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Default Re: Upholstery Text

You could create bolsters and pillows and plan how your sofa would look reupolstered. Good use of the media.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks Sally! I was so inspired by your rhinestone effect that I keep tinkering around fills and effects to see what I come up with.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Thanks.

BTW, there are some terrific tips that pay off if you want to play with your own rhinestones. There is a tiling script. It is written in .csc rather than in .gms and until recently I didn't know that PhotoPaint can still read CorelScript. But it can.

http://www.antipoetics.com/photo-pai...cttiledx3.html

If you have Version 11, there is a download that can get you all his great PhotoPaint scripts at one time. However, you can download the individual scripts and they are each one quite useful.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks Sally,

I don’t have 11, I have 9 and X3. (Some where in the basement I even have CorelDraw 3 ) I went to the website and downloaded the scripts for X3. I have never used scripts before… It will give me something new to try. I will have to check my CorelDraw X3 Unleashed DVD and see what they have on there. I haven’t made it all the way through the book yet. I’ve been playing the videos in it, but I have lots more to go.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

You can look at scripts like ways to add new tools to the program. In CorelDRAW you install a script, restart DRAW and then locate it, assign it either a keyboard shortcut or a button, if a button, you drag that out to your desktop, and say "ok". The advantage or the button over the keyboard shortcut is that if you forget what your shortcut was, the button always works. I have lots of scripts installed and I use a lot of them. There are loads of buttons that Corel never put on its toolbars, and you can drag them out as well and use them. You can customize DRAW to look like you want and to do the things you need. You can even record a macro and play it back, if you like it, you can save it as a global script so you can use it again and again.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Well I finally got the scripts to work. I had trouble to start with they are now working. Thank you Sally for your help.
    Last edited by Aunt Betsy; 03 May 2007 at 05:11 AM.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP