Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I turn off updates?

Everytime I start Corel Draw 12 - the updates screen appears and wants me to download things I do not want.. Does anyone know how to turn off this so I can do it manually.
    IP

Default Re: How do I turn off updates?

I had the same thing on 12. Go to your Start menu and see if you have something called Program Updates. Click on that and you can then control the updates under the Update Settings tab.
    Joe
    IP

I do not have anything in the startup files. This is weird. I also looked in the help file and it said to go to settings - which I cannot locate and this would be a popup I think
    IP

OK. See if you can locate this on your computer - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe".

I never got any InstallShield update stuff coming up before I got the Corel 12, but this is the path that got put into my Start menu. If you cannot find that exe, then I am stumped and hopefully some one will have another idea. Good luck.
    Joe
    IP

try this :
    go to start - run - and type msconfig thin click on startup, take the mark out of the program
    that is all
    IP

Thanks for the info fishawy and welcome. I'm still running Win 2000 Pro which doesn't have msconfig, but for those using XP and up that will work. I know there are ways around the msconfig in 2000 pro, but haven't really needed to do it.
    Joe
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Thanks for the info fishawy and welcome. I'm still running Win 2000 Pro which doesn't have msconfig, but for those using XP and up that will work. I know there are ways around the msconfig in 2000 pro, but haven't really needed to do it.
    Mike Lins free STARTUP program for those without MSCONFIG.
    Actually is considerably better than MSCONFIG in any case.

No installation required, runs as a portable app.
    Very useful.
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    IP

Updates can easily be turned off, and the answer was already posted in previous posts. Using the search function of the forum is very useful. There is nothing difficult about turning off updates, it gives you the option in the updates to Change Your Update Settings. This is all you have to do, click on the button and just tell it to NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES!

There is no need to reinvent the wheel for something so simple.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Would have helped had you explained that what the guy was looking for was not within the program itself,,,,,,,,,,,go to START/all programs/corel draw graphics suite........update is on the pop up list beside paint etc.

Horrible way to talk to people
    IP