Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest news

Default Latest news

I got this in the recent newsletter from Xara. But I do not understand the meaning of the part highlighted, could someone explain that to me.

Thank you.

Soon after that, hopefully by the end of May, we will be offering upgrades to Xara Xtreme and Xara Xtreme Pro that incorporate the new features. This will be a fairly major upgrade to Xtreme, less so for Pro (which is only 6 months old after all).

Default XXP Upgrade costs??

I've just received the xara outsider and it's talking about the Magix xtreme version but also on some upgrade functions for Extreme an Pro
    I's mentioned that there will be costs for the upgrades??

Isn't this a little overboard on this just new release of a product
    If this would be a year after release date,i have to say yes but this product is just 2 months on our shelfs!!

And if the costs are to continue to be added at every upgrade we'll probably be better of with(hopefully not) an adobe product,which has more capabilities and is fully tested and build for it's tasks

(still in love with Xara,but this girl gets to pricey)

Gr,Hans

Default Re: XXP Upgrade costs??

I'm sure upgrade costs will be more than reasonable as they always have been.

In addition to the improved and added features to Xtreme and Xtreme Pro the full feature set of MAGIX Photo Clinic will be added. That is like getting an entire additional application for the cost of an upgrade to the program you already have.

If you do not need any of the added features or improments, you can decide not to upgrade.

Behzad the bold portion of your post refers to the fact that Xtreme Pro already has additional features that Xtreme does not have and was release only 6 months ago. Naturally the Pro version would need only a few of the added features as compared to the older Xtreme.
    Last edited by Soquili; 27 April 2007 at 01:34 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    And if the costs are to continue to be added at every upgrade we'll probably be better of with(hopefully not) an adobe product
    Well, when you consider that upgrades to the Adobe products can cost as much or more than the full version of XXP and that some plugins cost more than the full version of XXP, I don't think it is much of a comparison. Xara's upgrade prices have been very reasonable IMO, and I don't think you'll find better bang for the buck anywhere else. Just my 2 cents. ;-)

Default Re: Latest news

I merged Behzad's and Hans' threads because they both refer the the latest Xara Outsider Newsletter.

A temporary redirect from Hans' thread will point to this thread.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That might be so in your opinion.

As Remi mentioned magixextreme costs 79 euros(to get in my local store)
    my Pro upgrade version costs 100 euros(which i've waited for two months)
    So when people had waited just free months they get a full program at less the price.
    So therefor my statement is this make the real upgrades for xtremepro for FREE.

Gr,Hans

(A decision to make the product go to another company isn't taken overnight so this thing must been a reasonable scenario to consider by the developers and they had to come forward for us not having this discussion)
    Last edited by haakoo; 27 April 2007 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    As Remi mentioned magixextreme costs 79 euro's
    59,99 EUR, not 79 EUR

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    59,99 EUR, not 79 EUR

Remi
    Even more so,
    Rests the question why this announcement??
    Is it for us to discuss this or to see how many people wouldn't agree with such upgrading tactics??

I like XXP a lot,work with it every day but now I'm feeling someone is fumbling around in a crossed area of my body

(this isn't a complaint at upgrading itself, just the time frame they want us to pay again for an upgrade)

Gr,Hans

I also looked over the newsletter. Seems resonable. I got the demo MAGIX music manager. It's quite nifty I must say. It's VERY intuitive and the interface is quite nice. Runs like a top and no errors or crashes. It's got ALOT of stuff intergrated into it including an music editor of all things! I'm duly impressed and for $19.00 I think I may purchase it. I will go and get the demo of the Photo editor and see what that's all about.

My only concern is that I just hope they keep in mind that the end users don't want bloat! If the Photo editor intergration slows the program down or gets complaints from others about how weighty it's gotten then they may loose business. I think they should consider making it a plugin so if folks DON'T want those functions then they can unload them to speed the program back up (if it is not as quick as before)

All the best
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Default Re: Latest news

Hi Richard,

Glad to see you here.

If I read the newletter correctly the MAGIX Photo Clinic will be replacing XPE. I would assume that means the program can be called up from within Xtreme or as a stand alone application the way XPE currently works.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update