Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

My excitement also very quickly became less then exciting!

I run Vista Premier and Dreamweaver CS3. I had no problem installing the new extension and DW CS3 sees it OK but I get the attached error message

Any suggestions?????

Thanks
    Maria
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maria please describe the steps you took up to the point the error message popped up.

Please begin with your click on the Insert Menu Webstyle or insert webstyle object button.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill,

On clicking on the insert menu I immediately received the error message I posted.
    I noticed somewhere that one should only have one version of Dreamweaver installed, I forgot I still had Dreamweaver MX2004 installed.
    I uninstalled that this morning, restarted my computer and tried to load the extension again.
    This time I did not get very far and got the error message below.

When I opened up Dreamweaver CS3 on the insert menu the Xara options were still there but of course did not allow me access these and when I tried I got the same error message as I received yesterday.

I wonder now how I can get rid of the Xara extension, I tried looking for it in windows explorer but no luck. The extension, according to 'install/remove' programs panel, is NOT installed

Any help would be appreciated.

Maria
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maria try installing Dreamweaver CS3 again. When you uninstalled the older version some registry entries may have been deleted in error. Reinstalling Dreamweaver CS3 will rewrite those entries.

Then run the Xara extension again.

The installer will detect that the extension is already installed and offer to uninstall, see attachment.

If it does not detect the previous installation it will effectively repair the installation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dw-ws4-installer.gif 
Views:	697 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	45784  
    Last edited by Soquili; 22 February 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

IT WORKED!!!!!

I reluctantly did what you suggested Bill (I am pushed for time) but it was worth it, and all seems to be working fine.

Thank you for your input, I think XARA should put you on their payroll!

Maria

Thumbs up Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Bill (and anybody else that is following this thread),

I am here to report a success. Here is a brief breakdown of how things went - just in case somebody else is having similar problems ...

1. My initial installation of Dreamweaver CS3 was to a fresh directory, retaining a working copy of Dreamweaver MX8 in another directory.

2. This was a shrewd move in the short-term, as Xara dragged their heels rolling out the DW CS3 extensions. It meant I could continue to administer websites that I had deployed using DW MX8 and WS4.

3. When Xara rolled out the DW CS3 compatible extensions in the form of an executable, the installer couldn't 'find' the CS3 installation despite the fact that I had removed all traces of MX8 and previous Xara extensions.

4. Bill suggested a Registry clean-out. That was sound advice. I uninstalled DW CS3 and then cleaned (and I mean
    'cleaned') the system of any residue of Dreamweaver, any version, any location (in Vista it gets lodged in some pretty wierd places and you have to drill deep), rebooted and then did a clean install of DW CS3 (I guess that's what installation disks are for!).

End result? A perfect working copy of DW CS3 plus Xara DW extensions. I've put the proggy through its paces, editing, adding, deleting, and generally being brutish to the programme and the extensions. No failure(s) to date. Everything working perfectly. What more can one ask for?

Since I was one of the LOUDEST complainants about the delay in rolling out the CS3 extensions, I just want to take this opportunity to say ... THANK YOU, Xara. If this 'beta' remains as solid as it appears to be, then the wait was worth it.
    Last edited by Fletch; 23 February 2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Take my advice. I'm not using it!

Maria and Terry I'm glad to hear your success with the extension.

Thanks for updating everyone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I have had a decent experience with xara support, and also was excited when I got an email from them about an updated extenstion! Unfortunately after following the directions I received an error message when trying to insert a webstyle object into a web page.

Uninstalling DW CS3 and reinstalling would be a MAJOR pain, as I have a lot of extensions from other vendors installed and do not desire to reinstall all of them.

Dreamweaver Version 9 Build 3481
    Error Message: "Warning from Xara Webstyle: Failed to register the DLLs required by the program!"

Regards
    Jeff Lehman

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Try uninstalling the webstyle extension. To re-install use Windows Explorer to locate the installer. Right click the installer's icon and select Run as administrator from the Popup menu.

Vista with UAC (User Account Control) enabled does not run programs with administrative access even when logged on using an adminstrator account.

The error message about the DLL's not being registered is due to UAC preventing the installer from writing to the registry.

Just as a cover all bases, when you run Dreamweaver for the first time after re-installing the Webstyle extension. Right click Dreamweaver's icon and Run as administrator. This will ensure that Dreamweaver can register any DLL files it may need to write in it's registry entries.
    Last edited by Soquili; 05 March 2008 at 12:01 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello,

I have installed first, for some reasons, the extension for Dreamweaver 8... Had found out that is was the wrong one and than installed the right one for Dreamweaver cs3. With extension for Dreamweaver 8 I had the possibility to click the xara button and got into the xara menu but had no chance to insert any navbar or something.

Now with cs3 extension I even don't have a button from xara or anything... I did everything as you said, right click, installing with administrator rights, started dw with adm. rights. My laptop is new, so no elder version of DW on it. What shall I do?

--> I installed again the cs3 add-in for dreamweaver and now I have my normal webstyle4 button... I can go into the xara menu, I can choose a navbar but I can either change the navbar nor save it or import it to dreamweaver.. all buttons except "start" and "designs" are grey and unable to click for me.

thank you in advance
    Last edited by Fluigi; 27 April 2008 at 04:57 PM.