Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

F*** OFF XARA PEOPLE: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Yes I am angry, No integration with Dreamwaver CS3 and no answer to any request.

No explanation at all, just ask for money to buy, they promiss DW integration and now no answer.

Hey, XARA it is not the way to act.

Why no answer? Why no solution?

Last edited by Soquili; 12 September 2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Removed vulgar word

Exclamation Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I agree with your sentiment pepito, though not necessarily with the way you've phrased your post.

My frustration is the same as that of other WS4 users - no integration with Dreamweaver CS3 (although that product has been out for a while), and NO response from Xara Support.

Add to that the constant emails I get to buy or upgrade other Xara products, and I have to wonder whether I am stuck with a 'useless' bit of PURCHASED software!

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

Default Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I am also VERY annoyed that I am unable to use WS4.

An estimate of when I will be able to use it with dreamweaver CS3 would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I would like to settle down and use DW CS3 as my daily work tool, but I have to keep switching back and forth because CS3 doesn't support WS extensions and some of my web sites have been built using WS themes and templates.
    Further to the comment I made previously (quoted), using Dreamweaver-8 with Vista has been causing me major problems, and Adobe (current owners of DW) state that DW-8 and Vista are not compatible.

DW-8 crashes, without the chance to save any work up to that point, and one has to start all over again. Of course, the reason I am still persevering with DW-8 is because I still need to access WS4 templates to edit them, and I can only do that using DW-8

So please, XARA-peeps, how about getting those extensions out for DW-CS3 as soon as possible?

Question Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

One month later, and no response. Not even a "... we're working on it". Now I note that other threads are also being started, rattling the cage for an update.

Hello Support, what's holding you up (pun intended)?

Unhappy Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I too have been pestering Xara about this integration. All you will get from them is that an update will appear in due course and it will be announced here.

I wonder if this will be an updated WS4? Been some time since it first came out ........

Thumbs down Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Over THREE months since my last post on this subject - still no response from Xara Support.

Support ticket was responded to with a "... we will notify you.", followed a couple of months later with a "... there has been no activity on this ticket. We will now close it."

My response was a "Whoa! It is up to you guys to react." Nothing heard since then. For all I know my ticket has been binned.

Dear Xara, can I have a refund? I promise I will remove any trace of your crippled software from my many websites.

Over to you Xara.

I have to agree it is pretty poor.

Xara should take a leaf out of the book from the Sitegrinder guys, their product is amazing (if you are well versed in Photoshop) and their support is almost instant.

I will be very cautious in future purchasing software like Xara, there is just NO support...very disappointing

Maria

Many thanks to all customers that have reported problems integrating Webstyle/Menu Maker with Dreamweaver CS3.

We now have an updated extension for Dreamweaver 8 and CS3 which we are making available on a test basis, we are looking for feedback from customers regarding how they get on with it.

To test the updated extension please do the following:

Uninstall the existing Dreamweaver Add-in from 'Add/Remove programs' or 'Programs and Features' on Vista.

Please ensure you only have one version of Dreamweaver installed (can be Dreamweaver 8 or CS3)
    as the extension only supports integrating with one version of Dreamweaver at a time.

Disable any security/registry cleaning applications (as they may interfere with the install)

Close any Xara programs

Download the updated extension from: http://extranet.xara.com/downloads/b.../xaradwext.exe

Ensure you are running as an administrator, or on Vista, right click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator'

After the installer completes launch Dremweaver and look for the Xara options on the Insert menu.

--

In your feedback please let us know:

Which OS you are using
    and
    Which version of Dreamweaver you are using

Did the extension work for you? If not, what error did you receive?
    Last edited by Xara Support; 21 February 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I was SO excited ...

The "xaradwext.exe" refuses to install and complains bitterly that it cannot find a compatible version of Dreamweaver or UltraDev.

Is it looking for it in the correct place?

Dreamweaver CS3 now appears under an Adobe Folder - not in a Macromedia Folder.