Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I have DW CS3 now and for the time being am running it alongside Ver8. i have a few sites with webstyle nav bars which i would like to be able to access and edit. i have tried reinstalling the webstyle dw add in but it doesnt appear to work with the new version. any webstyle features are not shown in the new CS3.
    has anybody had any success with this or is there an update coming soon ?
    cheers

Default Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Did you solve this. Cos I had the same problem. I uninstalled webstyle 4 then re-installed, then downloaded the DW plug-in and it selected Adobe DW CS3 rather than DW8. It wouldn't install to DW8 anymore.

sorry for the delay in getting back here - i had given up on anyone responding - NO i havent been able to get the plugin to work on CS3 - if there isnt going to be one then Webstyle is pretty redundant for DW users - and it is the biggest selling web design software ?!!

Smile Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Please provide the link or instructions where to find or get the Webstyle4 plug-in for us Dreamweaver CS3 users. Do we get it from Adobe or Xara? I would very much like to use the WebStyle4 with Dreamweaver CS3. I haven't found a better program for designing computer, easy to use, and friendly menus for web sites.

Quote Originally Posted by NubianQueen View Post
    Please provide the link or instructions where to find or get the Webstyle4 plug-in for us Dreamweaver CS3 users. Do we get it from Adobe or Xara? I would very much like to use the WebStyle4 with Dreamweaver CS3. I haven't found a better program for designing computer, easy to use, and friendly menus for web sites.

The current Dreamweaver extension in Webstyle and Menu Maker does not work with Dreamweaver CS3. The extension will be updated in due course to provide support for Dreamweaver CS3.

Question Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Quote Originally Posted by Xara Support View Post
    The extension will be updated in due course to provide support for Dreamweaver CS3.
    Can this be more specific? Weeks, months?

I would like to settle down and use DW CS3 as my daily work tool, but I have to keep switching back and forth because CS3 doesn't support WS extensions and some of my web sites have been built using WS themes and templates.

This is not a criticism, guys; just an observation from a legitimate customer who uses your product on a daily basis!

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

yachtSaga Guest

I can get W4 to more or less work with Dreamweaver CS3 in the same way that it also more or less worked with D8. It works with 2 regular Javascripts error messages and the menus are not properly saved in the W4 folders. With a bit of fiddling, it more or less works but has never properly integrated with Dreamweaver - very sadly.

Xara advice to place files WS4DwExCore, XMMDwExCore, etc, when having integration problems I could not execute as the files they were supposed to replace do not exist.

I have now uninstalled D8 and will work to remove all W4 entries from my 3 small sites.

Such a shame, W4 has the potential to be so impressive but if it is not going to integrate properly with DCS3 its market will be very curtailed.

I've tried integrating the extensions in Dreamweaver CS3 but, as has already been explained by the Xara staff, they do not work!

I shall wait for CS3 extensions to be made available - but not forever.

Hi

Have you explored the Spry Menu Bar? If it is based on the Interakt one, then the CSS-based menu is a good way to go.

So then use WS to generate the graphics and the Spry tool to build the menu.

I still have the old DW with the Interakt tools and the menu builder works well.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably give it a try when I've finished patching up the several websites I've deployed using Webstyle-4 and Dreamweaver-8.

I still have Dreamweaver 8 installed because I anticipated something like this would happen, therefore installed DW-CS3 as a fresh install. I'm now glad I did!