Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thumbs down Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

I have installed the extension and un-installed it several times and still it will not work.

Used run as admin
    Disabled and firewall

and the ext does not even show up in CS3

Using Windows Vista Ultimate on a quad core computer with 8GB of RAM so I know I have the room to run it.

And please do not suggest I un-install CS3 as I have quite a few web sites managed with CS3 and a few 3rd party ext. Has anyone got this to work and work properly. Luckily from reading these forums I have not bought Xara Pro yet

Default Re: Webstyle integrating with Dreamweaver CS3

Hi,

I am in a similar situation to Jean (above) I have DW CS3 on two machines.

My desktop running XP SP2 and my laptop running Vista Ultimate. Both machines are high spec duo core with 4gb RAM so no problems there.

CS3 is already installed and working fine with several useful extensions that I do not intend to disturb. I downloade the latest version of Webstyle4 and uninstalled the previous version, I then reinstalled WS4 on both machines and both times I was asked if I wanted to download the DW extension, which I did.

Result = ZILCH!

So then I tried installing the xaradwext Setup.exe file which then asked if I wanted to uninstal the extension! Suffice to say I have tried every permutation and combination of installing, uninstalling etc with always the same result. Webstyle4 does NOT appear in the DW insert drop down.

All seems very flaky to me - has anybody successfully installed this into DWCS3 without first destroying their DW installation?

Note I have had previous versions of DW on the desktop and successfully added the WS4 extension, but the laptop is new and has only had DWCS3 installed.

How can I get this to work without mucking up all my DW extensions?

Kind regards

Martin

Well, I went the whole hog yesterday and after total failure to install Webstyle into DW CS3 decided to reload DW. Now I know where the dream part of DW comes from. went like a dream and now it all works.

Why don't the instuctions for the Webstyle Extension simply say REINSTALL DREAMWEAVER CS3!!

I then works so easily, instead of all that faffing around with the webstyle installer.

What I did was to download the latest version of Webstyle 4 - remove the old version and reinstall then reinstall DW CS3 and when DW CS3 is installed and has reloaded all my cache I then just opened Extension Manager and ticked all the extensions that I had previously installed and they all reappeared.

So job done

Regards

Martin

oh?! really that is cool man!!
    Last edited by remi; 14 January 2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: URL removed, please consult our Forum rules

For those that may be curious about the Webstyle Extension installer compatibility issue with Dreamweaver CS4, I would like to report that I have ran it successfully and runs well in DW CS4...

This is a nice tip i totally need this thanks for sharing.

this is ingenious!!