Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme Export as JPG

Hi all,

I have been trying to get to grips with this issue for a while and thought I'd run it by the forums.

When importing a hi-resoluton 8 megapixel jpeg image and resizing it using the handles or the width and height properties, the width and height will not stay absolute e.g. if I resize it to 760pix it will save as 760.1pix or 759.9pix.

My other and main issue is once resized at 760 pixels and using the export fucntion the saved image will always be 1 pixel more than the image dimensions displayed in Xara. In this case 761 pixels, a 760 image with a 1 pixel white border down the left or right hand side.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how I can remedy this.

I am using Vista at the moment but experienced the same issue when I was using XP.

Regards and thanks in advance.
    Phil.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Export as JPG

Check that the image is resized to a whole number of pixels in both dimensions and also check that the image is positioned at a whole pixel position on both axes.

If you have a border, that can also come into the equation.

By 'whole' I mean an integer - no decimal points!

Paul

There is another method you might try. Create a rectangle to the exact size and make sure it is in even pixel amounts as previously suggested. Set the outline to none also as previously suggested.

Open the Bitmap Gallery, select the image and apply as Fill. Switch to the Fill Tool and click either of the end control points to select them and click the left and right arrow keys to resize the image. Now export the image.

Gary

Many thanks Guys for your comments and suggestions.

I did not think about the outline. This now makes sense thanks to your comments.

Also I had the option 'Maintain screen anti-aliasing' selected on the 'Bitmap Size' tab under Export. This always seems to add a 1 pixel gap whereas the default setting 'Minimise visible anti-aliasing' does not. Not sure why this is the case or even what this setting does.

Many thanks for all your replies.

Regards
    Phil.
    Cornwall, UK

Make sure "Scale Line Width" is not active and see what happens.