Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Norton Internet Security Problem

i'm sorry but i'll have to agree to desagree wiht all of you. like everything in informatics, it all depends on settings. i work with NIS and i do not have none of that problems, it is ready to be setted to everything,. if you check the help menus you can set it to do what you want and not what it wants to do...i believe that it is a good program. get me a better one and i will change. if i'm wrong,let me know... karl

I used to like Norton, but Symantec has botched up their product big time. It hogs memory and the last time I used Norton it had to be re-installed (message from their servers) twice before it worked properly.

I got tired of all the glitches and switched to other software.

My problem with this anti virus is not in the settings - I can change those.
    It is with it blocking some annimated gifs and flash files that contain links that are not popups or advertisements
    From now on I will always make sure any of the above graphics have a backup
    link available!

James,

I used to like Norton, but Symantec has botched up their product big time. It hogs memory ....
    I couldn't agree more. I've recently updated my ISP and Norton comes ready wrapped. Ever since I installed this package I'm constantly running short of System Resources. My computers getting long in the tooth now, but prior to installing this bundled Norton package I had very little problem running 3 or 4 programs together (and I had Norton AV installed) but since installing this latest offering I'm needing to restart my computer at least once a day. (Previously I'd run it for a week or so without a restart).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The latest version is really lean and no longer such a memory hog. Most of the stuff that used to be included in the software is now an optional download, so you needn't install everything at once, even if you don't need one or more parts of the bundle.

sounds like good news
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you enable parental controls norton eats up 108 MB running the program
    CCPROXY.exe
    The only good thing is it can be turned on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by karlfonsecao View Post
    i'm sorry but i'll have to agree to desagree wiht all of you. like everything in informatics, it all depends on settings. i work with NIS and i do not have none of that problems, it is ready to be setted to everything,. if you check the help menus you can set it to do what you want and not what it wants to do...
    Nicely put.

I do think there's always room for improvement. But that also goes for any other security suite I've come across.

The main problem with NIS for me is that it slows down the system at times. But I've been using NIS for the last couple of years and always upgraded to the latest version and I have to say that there has always been improvement in this area (others too.

As a website designer I'm not so much concerned with my settings as I am about my viewers settings. I'd hope every website viewer would like to see
    the site as it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by aridzone View Post
    My problem with this anti virus is not in the settings - I can change those.
    It is with it blocking some annimated gifs and flash files that contain links that are not popups or advertisements
    From now on I will always make sure any of the above graphics have a backup
    link available!
    I've never come across that. Do you have a link to a site with a gif or flash animation that didn't show up for you while you had Norton activated?