Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Xara Menu Maker 1.1 and Foxfire/Opra

does the drop down function of a menu made with xara menumaker display correctly in FF/Opera? I have heard that it does not.
    Last edited by sunni; 20 April 2007 at 11:20 PM.

Default Re: Xara Menu Maker 1.1 and Foxfire/Opra

Hi Sunni,

The test menu I used works in FireFox 1.5.0.9 without any problems.

I believe some of the previous versions of FireFox may have had some problems.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili,

Actually there are problems in many of the top browsers. The drop down menu does not display in Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Sea Monkey when the dropdown goes over anything flash.

Do have a code work around or a plug in that will make all these browsers recognize the javascript and flash files and display menu correctly, Internet Explorer out of all the browsers is the only one that will display menu properly.

With Microsoft anything being put aside for more stable operating systems, browsers, software this is a BIG problem. As a designer this limits what I can do with this product and since a portion of every site I develop has a flash item in it, this nullifies the menu marker. :[

I have this same question in to XARA support and have not had a response.

Please advise

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Crow View Post
    Actually there are problems in many of the top browsers. The drop down menu does not display in Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Sea Monkey when the dropdown goes over anything flash.
    Not sure, if you run into the same problem, as the new MTV website (it's more a problem of the combination Flash/HTML and overlapping HTML menus and not of a special product or a webdesigner).

note on this problem at http://www.mtvlabs.tv/2007/04/new-html-mtvcom.html "For those of you commenting on the full-screen player: we have CSS menus that overlap the Flash module, which doesn't allow you to use Flash 9's full-screen feature. We are working on that."

Remi
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 May 2007 at 11:36 PM.

remi,

I clicked on the link you listed and it gives a "Page Cannot Be Found". In my travels I have also read that if you where to make your flash portion have a transparent background that is supposed to them allow the dropdown to be viewable, but would it be active (the dropdown menu), as a clickable link?

Also you mentioned CCS menus that overlap, where would I locate these CCS menus?

Hello Static Crow,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Try the link in Remi's post again. I found an extra colon at the end of the URL and removed it.

I'm sorry I cannot answer your questions. I don't create web pages and don't use Menu Maker.

As Moderator I primarily ensure that the forums are a pleasant place for our members and visitors.

Also my full time job has been taking a lot of my 'off duty' time lately.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

In my travels I have also read that if you where to make your flash portion have a transparent background that is supposed to them allow the dropdown to be viewable, but would it be active (the dropdown menu), as a clickable link?
    I'm not sure, what's the reason for the problems with Dropdown menus and Flash.

Also you mentioned CCS menus that overlap, where would I locate these CCS menus?
    CSS Menus = Menus, which uses Cascading Style Sheets instead of HTML tables or JavaScript. Using CSS is the modern way in webdesign. I don't use "Menu Maker" and therefore I'm not sure, whether "Menu Maker" is able to generate CSS menus or only old styled HTML code together with JavaScript.

Here, you'll find a list of 71 free CSS Menus or Navigation Tabs.

Remi