Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Townscape

Default Townscape

As George embarrassed me by post a image I felt it was the right thing to do but to show some of my recent work in Illy. This drawing was done from a picture outside where I work and it is my interpretation of a recent tut. in Computer Arts. Please don't crit. my perspective as it was done to a time scale I had only 4 hours spare to do the drawing and I know that it is wrong but any other crits. I welcome gladly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cityscape.gif 
Views:	355 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	37105  
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Default Re: Townscape

I think it looks good, thanks for posting. I would also think by now we are all beyond embarrassing. Nothing to do with your project here, but I wish IllCS3 would add the ability to scan in the program instead of going outside. GT
    IP

I like the look. Characters in the scene oblivious to some sort of transformation or perhaps something over the horizon that is happening.

I'll crown it with the title of "Pastel Horizons."

Would be a very good scene in a commercial to transition from a black and white movie to your Pastel sky and characters moving about the street.
    IP

I think it is traditional that paint programmes were the only ones to have the opportunity to import by scanning it is a bitmapped process and traditionally vectors were vectors. As things march on paint programmes were given vector paths and shapes while vector's were given bitmapped processes. Still think scanning should be left to the scanning software as there will be far more control over the process look what you have to do in PS just to change the resolution but I can see where you are coming from it is an extra process that you have to do when you place a bitmap in Illy but you can copy and paste from PS.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP