Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Antiqued Colt Revolver

I was following a tutorial trying to make a metallic preset for pewter. It didn’t come out much like pewter but reminded me of some of the old collector Colt’s I’ve seen. I had made a smaller one of these previously from the left side but used mostly photographic textures for the presets and didn’t spend a lot of time on it. Most of the frame contouring is soft edge selection on the frame, covert to object, tweak brightness/ contrast/ transparency. This always seems to work better for me than the retouch tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt2a.jpg 
Views:	1906 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	37048  
    IP

Default Re: Antiqued Colt Revolver

Thats a fantastic drawing Jerr!
    Can't say I understand much of how you made this as I only use the path edit side of PhotoImpact but your end result is amazing
    Thanks for sharing it here and welcome to talkgraphics

The chalise below is supposed to be using a pewter preset, I think?
    Preset is from Rosies site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chalice 01.gif 
Views:	1401 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	37049  
    IP

Never used the software, but your art is excellent.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Jerr View Post
    I was following a tutorial trying to make a metallic preset for pewter. It didn’t come out much like pewter but reminded me of some of the old collector Colt’s I’ve seen. I had made a smaller one of these previously from the left side but used mostly photographic textures for the presets and didn’t spend a lot of time on it. Most of the frame contouring is soft edge selection on the frame, covert to object, tweak brightness/ contrast/ transparency. This always seems to work better for me than the retouch tools.
    Wow, your pistol is worth the look-see. I like the inlayed turquoise very much. You did a great job of vectors.

And Kiwi, you work is always top noth as always. Great preset Rosy has!
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Agreed, it's very well done indeed.
    Your method of creating the contours seems like a good one to try. Thanks for the tip. I use the retouch tool most of the time, though. Just have to set the effect really low and use a large feathering value. But your method sound faster to me. It's always good to learn something new everyday.
    Thanks for the tip on Rosies presets, Kiwi. Gonna check that out. The bump maps on your chalise looks great.
    Jerr, I have the feeling I've seen that avatar somewhere before....
    IP

Yes you have Grafixman, in the old PIBB. I purchased Xara Pro a while back but haven’t really looked around here until I received it and was pleased to then discover there was a PI bb. Also noticed Kelly and Lonnie have posted here.
    Thanks for the tip Kiwi, that’s the pewter look I was after.
    IP

Glad you're a member now. Welcome to TG.
    Yes, Lonnie and Kelly are members and occassionally post here, too. Lonnie keeps his blog very active. And his creations are stunning. Even Stephanie was a member when I first joined TG, but no posts from her for a long time. I guess she's busy with other things now. I look up at the members of the PIBB as my mentors, helping me a lot when I was just starting out with computers and graphics.
    IP

Hey, HI there Jerr. Nice to see you!

Yup, I'm still hanging around -- doing my thing -- with PhotoImpact 8... and thanks for the compliment, Grafixman.
    Lonnie
    IP

Whoa, Jerry! That is fantastic!

Maybe I need to start hanging out in here more....
    IP

Haha! Welcome to TG!
    You should.
    The loss of PIBB left a big gap in my browsing routine.
    Great to see familiar people popping up.
    IP