Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: text issue

Default text issue

Hi

Right see if I can explain this without out sounding to complex…………….more a text alignment issue than a tech one but I’ll give you a brief rundown on what I’ve got anyway.

I’ve got an xml product list comprising of product Name, Product description and a product photo; I have the info in that list loading into a few components using the xmlConnector component.
    Product name to the List component
    Product description to the TextArea component
    Product picture to the Loader component.

All loads ok, when a product is selected from the List the other components update and display the correct description and photo to the selected items.

The issue I have is the description text is sitting right at the top of the TextArea box, is their anyway I can set some padding (say 10px), I’m using the
    Code:
    import mx.styles.CSSStyleDeclaration;
    _global.styles.TextArea = new CSSStyleDeclaration();
    _global.styles.TextArea.setStyle("backgroundColor", none);
    _global.styles.TextArea.setStyle("marginLeft", 10);
    _global.styles.TextArea.setStyle("marginRight", 10);
    to style the components and have managed to set margins both left and right for the textarea.

Any ideas on a workaround to get the text start a little lower from the top of the text area?

manny
    IP

Default Re: text issue

Hi there,

Why not add "topmargin="10" also

Gr,Hans
    IP

Hi Hans

Thanks for you reply, but Ive tried that and a few others but nothing seems to work, there seems to be no parameter in the CSSStyleDeclaration();
    to set it.

I might have a play around with the xml file and see if i can work something out there with the way the descrition tag is written (not to hot on xml though)

it's got to be something real simple im missing

Cheers

manny
    IP

I'm kind of limited in css/html but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw out an idea.

If margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; isn't working would it be possible to use tables to align things? I've done that before in desperation but perhaps there is a better way I don't know of.
    IP