Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I keep reading posts about the bad support from Xara.
    I've had exactly the opposite experience.
    For some unknown reason my XP computer won't download templates but I can with ME.
    I contacted tech support who replied within 10 minutes. They got back to me with at least 8 possible fixes quickly.
    Even when I admitted defeat they continued to assist me with possible fixes.
    Yes, the problem is still there but the assistance they gave me without flying over to Australia is the BEST and friendliest I have encountered with any software.
    Maybe it was because I didn't attack them.
    By the way my CD arrived in Australia in 7 days and has fixed most of the problem.
    Keep up the good work Xara and CS in support...whoever your are.
    Cheers,
    Rob

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif Rob Dude, Maybe God loves you more that the rest of us. Their help is a hit and miss thing. I have had responses from them the nest day, and on other occassions I haven't heard from them at all. I don't understand what's happening there.

But interestingly right after I sent a big note on my review of their WS4 product, they read it and acted on one of the items like their was a fire under their butt. Specifically around templates. So making people happy regarding templates is a big concern for them right now. But they never sent me a reply to my concerns within that review. It was a very fair and honest review.

If my best friend asked me about their support, I'd tell them honestly it's bad, but the forum they host is great. The product is good. Definitely worth the money. Go for it. How much free support should you get for a peice of $80 software. What kind of support do I get for TV. I knew about the support and the themes issue before I bought, because I did my homework. I tested every aspect of the demo product, except the design themes. So I knew that i was getting a great value.

The only reason people get mad is because their emails are ignored. They aren't accustomed to poor support in this modern era where support is hot. Please, don't attack the victims, they did nothing to warrant their treatment.

People at Xara know your name now, and that may give you a leg up on the rest of us.

As for the forum, it is one of the friendliest, and most useful, and helpful, I've come across, on the net. Seldom do we critisize each other.

So it wasn't because you didn't attack them, it was because it was your lucky day, or because some people raised enough hell recently, for them to a alter their approach to all customers.

You must have read some of the lectures as well. Here's mine in brief. It's easier and lless expensive to make sales by referals from happy customers, than it is to advertise and flog your product. So make that happen.

FP user do you contact them via their FAQ contact support link or send them an email directly.

I havent encountered long delays when contacting them from their FAQs.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I bet I have done it more that one way. But lately the FAQ way. Please put the email address you use here and we can spread the word.

I got into double trouble today with my menu. I inserted it into my FP top border, it got confused and lost my orignal graphics folder location. Here is something good to know. I dug down through C:Program FilesXaraWebstyle 4WSTemplates to find my project and in there, I "sned to" an editor the file mymenumane_over.xms, second line from the bottom, I corrected the path for my menubar location to within my website the location where I originally set it.

After this I still had a problem because I was in the borders folder, it added ../ to the front of my path, then since all my pages are in the root. The menu won't show up because it looks to find my images folder is at the same level as the root of my web.

Wow Rob, you are truly a blessed child of the Xara Gods! I too would love to have the contact for Xara Support that would bring about such a speedy (TEN MINUTES!!!!!!) response...even one response, any response...Guess I didn't say my prayers right when asking for Support from Xara!
    Glad to read at least one person is happy with their treatment by Xara, now how many does that leave that are unhappy....?

Hey there John/Dot,
    I too up until I upgraded my version of websytle have never, ever had any problems with support from Xara. I started with version 2 and was happy to upgrade to version 4 when Xara sent me the information. If I had the support from Xara over what they have stated is a serious problem, I would never have even been in this forum...I only found this forum after nil response from my request for support and I typed "problem with Webstyle 4" into google...the rest is herstory....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FP-User:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I got an instant reply using this url yesterday. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    http://www.xara.com/contact.asp <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is where I have posted all of my complaints...only reply I get is an automated generic email with a ticket number....

Thankfully most users are happy with support, and the general Xara experience.

It's human nature to generally be quiet when happy, and make a noise when not. So reading forums like this is never a fair view of the whole. The happy people are generally the ones that never turn up here. There are some isolated cases of people not getting help it seems. That's of course not good for those people, and we'll always try harder.

But it's really nice to hear positive comments, and I'll make sure 'CS' sees this post RobM if he hasn't already done so. I'm sure he'll appreciate your kind words.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyFriginally posted by AntonyF:
    It's human nature to generally be quiet when happy, and make a noise when not. There are some isolated cases of people not getting help it seems. That's of course not good for those people, and we'll always try harder.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isolated cases Anthony??? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Not good for those people that are having problems?? Xara will try harder?
    If I had a product that was receiving so many complaints on an open forum, I would be putting my head down with shame, getting off my backside and FIXING these "isolated cases!" Not TRYING but actually DOING something about it.
    It was you who told me that the problems I was having with V4 were serious...Obviously once Xara had my money, I was just ignored...seeing as I had to find out about bug fixes from another forum member and NOT from Xara! I notice no one has mentioned about another forum member receiving the new template pack free of charge as a way of making up for the problems he had with V4!
    Wandering back to my side of the world in disgust......... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif