Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: Feature Request: LivePaint / Paint Bucket tool

well no one would be forcing you to use this feature egg; if it were sensibly implemented it would be an option

if you draw line art for cartoon figures, for example, then often you do not want the lines to actually meet, but you do want the shapes filled - doing it in xara is a lot of extra work... so much in fact that it is one of the reasons I don't do it in xara anymore..... and have no current reason to upgrade...

I no I wouldn't have to use it but lines that fill like this seem an oddity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filled-unfilled.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	118416  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

that looks to me like a line drawn with illustrator [or similar] where the line is automatically 'filled' as you draw it and so, presumably, it has to be in accordance with some algorithm and in line with winding rules - that is not at all what I need...

what I need is the ability to fill an unclosed shape after the line has been drawn; to discount any gaps so that the the fill does not 'leak out' [aka 'sandbagging'] - it is a wate of time having to clone the line, close the gap, fill, remove outline, place behind and then filddle to get the fill to match the edges of the gap in the original - it is not practical to do this for drawings that are full of unclosed shapes, really would take far to long - did I mention I don't do this in xara anymore? and hence saying 'need' and not 'want' because I no longer care in the case of xara, I have move on back into raster for this [so much easier]

but there are still vector artists who want it.. it would be a useful feature