Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Improvement Suggestion Fills & Clipart

I'm enjoying XaraXtreme Pro and I have an improvement suggestion for future releases.

What happens when one updates a fill or clipart folder, or adds one, whilst one is actually working on a document, is nothing less than disturbing.

Perhaps something can be done to have this happen in the background or in a more elegant way.

SFX
    Last edited by s1sfx; 03 April 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Default Re: Improvement Suggestion Fills & Clipart

SFX
    Not that theres anything I could do about it, but what exactly is happening when you up date. I have never noticed any unruly behaviour, but there again I might not be doing what you are doing.
    Derek

What happens (for me) is that the entire screen goes white for a second or so whilst the next thumbnail is being generated. The first time this happened I was terrified, thinking I was about to lose all my unsaved work across the board on my computer. As I was updating a very big clipart folder, it went on for a good few minutes before all settled down and I found out I was saved.

This doesn't happen in XaraX which I still have installed on the same computer.

Just thought I'd make a note of it cause it was pretty terrifying and could put a newbie off.

SFX

I often get 'white screen' when xara is working on something 100% - specifically when importing large and complicated pdf's generated in inkscape, or doing complicated bitmap trace which are heavy on processor/graphics.
    In these cases of mine I know it is simply that the xara window screen is not being refreshed until the operation is over.
    This may be the case here too.
    Such a thing is usually a function of the particular computer's hardware - processor/graphics_card etc, and not in itself a worry so long as other programs continue to function meanwhile. You can check this by pressing the windows key on your keyboard - if the whole machine pauses, may be time to upgrade.
    If it happens with xtreme and not xaraX this may be because xtreme expects/requires a higher spec of hardware to run smoothly.
    Last edited by handrawn; 16 April 2007 at 08:17 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...