Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help! Lost my Brush Selector Bar

I am a long time Painter user.
    I don't know what happened but when I opened Painter (IX.5) today the brush selector bar had disappeared -even tho the Window menu shows it as being open. I tried 'hiding' and 'showing' it from the menu list, tried clicking around the screen, opening and closing other palettes, etc but couldn't find it anywhere. I perhaps accidently slid it off the page, but there is nothing in Painter's help files on how to make it appear other than to click on 'show brush selector bar' in the Window menu, which didn't produce any results.

Anyone have an idea of how I can make it reappear? I don't want to have to reinstall the whole stupid program just to get that selector bar back!
    P.S. I am running it under Windows XP Media Center
    Thanks!
    (is there a smilie for being stupid?)
    IP

Default Re: Help! Lost my Brush Selector Bar

Hi,

Use Window > Arrange Palettes > Default.

That will arrange your palettes as they were when Painter was installed. Then you can rearrange them any way you like and:

Use Window > Arrange Palettes > Save Layout, type a descriptive name and click the OK button to save your custom palette layout. Now your custom palette layout name will appear at the bottom of the Window > Arrange Palettes flyout menu so you can reset the palette layout any time you need to.

Important:

Any time you want to change your screen resolution, be sure to first close all programs. Otherwise, if you have Painter and possibly other graphics programs running, it will mess things up. I'm guessing that might have been what caused your Brush Selector bar to disappear. Could have been something else, but changing the screen resolution while Painter is running is a known problem creator.

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thanks Jinny! That did the trick, I've got my brush selector back now. Also thanks for reminding me about saving the layouts!
    IP

Hi Artiste - happens to me now and again this also.

Check options under Window - 8th option down:

SHOW/HIDE Brush Selection Bar
    IP