Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Partial Transparency

In Ulead Photoimpact 12 in the option video & DVD in Libraries ==> DVD Menu ==> Photo Project the image a boy's C22 smiling contains the effect that I am seeking, however, no matter how much it has sought in the program, I didn't get to find the tool to do the transparency. Can anybody aid myself? Tanks, Julio. BRASIL - PARANÁ - MARINGÁ
    Sorry, my english is bad.
    IP

Default Re: Partial Transparency

Julio,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

I had a look at the image you speak of and am not sure how it's done in PI 12.
    Appears that a linear/gradient transparency has been used on seperate layers but to my knowledge, PI doesn't do this.
    You could get a similar result by using the object paint eraser tool with differing levels of soft edge and a large brush (Painting it manually)

Sorry, can't be to much help
    IP

Still on PI8, so I have no idea on what the pic looks like. Perhaps someone could post a screenshot or picture of it? Might make a good challenge.
    Getting familiar with PI's mask mode can let you create almost any type of transparencies. And from what I've seen on the feature list of the latest PI versions, it is now also possible to have individual editable mask per object layer.
    IP

Pic 4 your eyes only GM
    You're probly right about masking, I only play wit Paths and don't know nuttin about the paint side of PI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	julioPI12 pic.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	36907  
    IP

That's easy. I googled for PhotoImpact linear fade and found this :
    http://www.ulead.com/learning/pi/pi10_05_1.htm
    Or if you don't feel like using masking, perhaps a quick click on Edit/Fadeout and choose a linear black to white fadeout.
    Another tutorial on how to use fadeout, this one from Stephanie Baker-Thomas:
    http://www.ulead.com/learning/pi8/page1.htm
    Last edited by Grafixman; 07 April 2007 at 02:34 PM.
    IP

Grafixman is on the right track...

Go to Edit/Fadeout.At the bottom of the pop-up box, click in the box that says Multicolor. This will bring up the Palette Ramp editor. Choose the first box, 01, click OK. This brings back the pop-up menu. At the top Fill Menu, click on the left-to-right arrow, then OK. R/C on your image, convert to object, then drag to a new window. You should now have an image fading to the right.

Hope this is what you were looking for....
    IP