Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie with two Dreamweaver/MM1 problems

I need a little help, please. First, I am using DW8 templates to design my website. When I create a menu, I do not get an HTML file with the menu.

The menu is inserted into my DWT file where I want it to be located, but I get something similar to the following message: (I get it twice every time I click on the code or menu)

While executing inspectSelection in XMMDwExPiLocked.htm, the following javascript error occured at line 51 of file c\program files\ macromedia\ dreamweaver\configuration\inspectors\_pi_common.js ; Type error: parentObj has no properties

While the menu is present in the DWT file, when I create a new page from the template file, I get the broken link icon rather than the menu. Any ideas on either of these problems This last problem is fixed - got instructions from forum (Anna - the queen of the JungleS

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by thevirtualwrite; 02 April 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Solution to one problem was found on forum

Default Re: Newbie with two Dreamweaver/MM1 problems

For what it's worth I experience the same problems.
    Tells me I have an error in a particular line and that the parent object has no properties. Yep twice.

I now just ignore it. It doesn't seem to have any obvious detrimental effect... (famous last words!)

But just like you... I'd like to tidy up this error and get to the bottom of it.
    Cheers

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem and was wondering if this is why I can't see my menu upon upload. Please share your fix if you found one.

Thanks