Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

please help me with my flash page which doesnt load properly

Hi fellow developers of Flash 8 platform

Im having the weirdest problem with my flash page

check this url ---- http://www.collectivenetz.com/companydepartments.html

now the book when it appears slightly cuts off at the end and when u click enter the book opens and the books pages are out of sync.

now - hit refresh on internet explorer - and the page resizes normally to how I actually wanted the page and when u click enter the books pages are in sync - I honestly dont know what is causing this but if anyone in the forum has experience this problem before and tell me how to fix it I would be very grateful - because I really need to complete this web page as it is not complete yet but because of this page loading problem - it is driving me mad - so i have come to you real kind folks for help - please help me figure this one out - when I test the page in dreamweaver - it doesnt give me this problem - it is only when i put the page on the webserver that I get this behaviour from the webpage - that is why i am so mythed - because I preview all my pages before I upload them and usually I usally get the effect im looking for as in my previews as in what i put on the webserver but not in this page's case.

please contact me asap if u figure this one out.

Danny
    IP

Default Re: please help me with my flash page which doesnt load properly

Works great and looks great in Mozilla Firefox.
    IP

Danny,

I've moved this to the Macromedia Flash forum where it's more relevant.

This is how your site appears on my system.

I believe a lot of your problems stem from using the percentage option instead of a fixed page size. I tend to design sites for 1024 x 768 pixel resolution which is now the most common. (I also produce an alternative site for 800x600 visitors) These swf's that expand to the visitors browser window are all very well but you do get the unpredictable text alignment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	36689  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

seems to be ok with Firefox as the browser
    IP

thanks - for the responses but does anyone have a solution in getting my flash page to display properly ??

- like i said - the text loads in misaligned but as soon as you hit refresh on the browser window it sizes normally and the text is no longer misaligned.

All I want is it to load properly the first time it loads - im actucally mythed that is is displaying okay in Firefox browser and not in Internet Explorer.
    IP