Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ed,

I looked through my resource files for the colors I needed. I cropped a long thin section of each image, and made these into bitmap strokes. When applied to a circle in E3, the images wrap. I made bitmap images from the results. I made a drawing in X1, and filled the images into the objects. I made copies of the objects, and added a shaping image that I had drawn in Xara X. Then adjusted the transparency to get a look I liked.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fills.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	16447  

Ed,

I looked through my resource files for the colors I needed. I cropped a long thin section of each image, and made these into bitmap strokes. When applied to a circle in E3, the images wrap. I made bitmap images from the results. I made a drawing in X1, and filled the images into the objects. I made copies of the objects, and added a shaping image that I had drawn in Xara X. Then adjusted the transparency to get a look I liked.

Rich

Rich,
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to have to try this. I downloaded E3 some time back but haven't really had time to play with it. The interface was a little Greek to me, and I don't have much patience. Great fills!

Ed,

For me, the program is difficult to learn. I usually have to study a method for several days. The reason I got to making reflection maps was there was no information on them. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turtle.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	19144