Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Wich is better RGB or CMYK ?

Hi everybody
    When I save my work an options dialog box appears... wich one I'd have to select RGB or CMYK?
    I have notice that RGB color appears different in other computer screen.

sorry my english ain't so good I hope you understand
    IP

Default Re: Wich is better RGB or CMYK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hi everybody
    When I save my work an options dialog box appears... wich one I'd have to select RGB or CMYK?

sorry my english ain't so good I hope you understand
    Mine isn't either and I speak as a native!

Which color space you choose depends on what you will do with your piece. If you plan to print it, then CMYK will ultimately be what you need. For print/web output, RGB or sRGB will be the way to go. If you keep in mind the range (color gamut) available, it is easier to remember. CMYK emulates the printing press and is rather limited in gamut. RGB is considerably larger and Adobe RGB, larger still.

There are sites that discuss this in length and I suggest that you seek one and look at the color range/gamut representations. You will learn a lot.

What this means in a real-world way is what colors you will have available to you to complete whatever project you have in mind. Larger gamut=more colors. I have a bad habit, btw, of ignoring my own advice and then being disappointed when I print something because the printer or program has to make choices on what colors to swap in order to output the project.

Good Luck, Steve
    IP

Default Re: Wich is better RGB or CMYK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hi everybody

in order for color to appear the same in RGB on different computers, the monitors need to be calibrated the same - basically they need to be set to the same icc profile
    there are color management facilities within painter if you need them and in windows too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP