Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resize Group of Objects Individually

Hi, Thanks for any help.

I have a group of objects selected that are all in certain places on a drawing. I want to resize this group of objects (rectangles) but I want them to remain where they are and be resized, just as if the were being resized one at a time.

Basically, if I resize an object individually, say from 100 % to 50 %, corel will reduce it to 50 % excactly where it was, in the center of where the original 100% object was - and not move the reduced item to the left or right.

When I select a group of items, lets say 50 from left to right, corel will reduce the size of the entire choice and move all items to center , therefore moving all original individual items out of there place.
    \
    is there a way to group these 50 items and reduce them in size but also keep them in their original place so that all 50 stay where they were and reduce in size centered where their originals were. THANKS!
    IP

Default Re: Resize Group of Objects Individually

If you don't group them but put them on a dedicated layer for them, you can use the eyedropper tool to remember the properties and drop the "50%" reduction on to each rectangle. Saving a selection will process them as a group and reduce around the center node from x/y respectively.

The reason you may want them on another layer is that it makes it easy to change them from 100% to 50%. However, if you are doing this to show a customer, I'd make two layers, one at 100%, the other at 50%, that way you can switch visiblity so as to change relatively quickly. However if you are looking for something to display quickly such as a rollover, you'd still be having to preview in browser to get the instant effect.

No, I don't see a way to do it, however you might be able to write a script to do what you want. I'd pose the question to the oberonplace.com forum as there are many there who are very knowledgeable on writing scripts, perhaps there is a way that I don't know about.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Thanks for trying to help.

I cant seem to find the eyedropper tool you speak of in CorelDraw (although I know of it in Corel Paint. I guess I should have said this in original post - I am using Coreldraw 8 .

Any ideas?

Again, thanks
    IP

Luckily as you are using an older version of Draw so this wonderful application from Nick Wilkinson will do just what you want and a whole lot more

http://www.isocalc.com/cooltools/transit.htm

Unfortunately it has not been updated in a while so it will not work with the latest versions of Draw but V8 should be just fine.

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thank you very much - I really appreciate it.
    IP

Now that is something I haven't tried, thanks, Peter. I do have a copy of 9 and still use it from time to time. That is really cool. I also have 8 and 10 at work so if I have to use Trans-it there it can come in handy.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP