Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: new topic

Hybrid View

I have an undeserved reputation as a computer genius wanna-be.
    But I can't even program the remote control for the VCR.
    The model webpage I am trying to emulate is the Yahoo Homepage. They did a billion dollars worth of ad business and their homepage has almost nothing there but links and a white background.
    My site has about 900 pages and someone came up with this rule of thumb that you want everything within 3 clicks from home. But you still want the front page to load fast for advertising and be universally compatible and still have enough eye candy for it to be interesting. (Hmm... What do they think I wanna-be, some kind of computer genius?)

So instead of using CSS, which I thought might add too much code to a page bloated with eye candy and links, (and which is absent from the Yahoo home page), I just wanted to do two things. One would be to set a preferred font and size for viewing the page, I like arial, geneva and helvetica in that order. The other would be to set a preferred font and size for a table. You've said , I think that for the table you have to add the font info for each cell. Fine.
    For the page, I can't seem to get that one right even after reading up on it. The program's HTML validator says that I am not doing that right. BASEFONT="2" looks ok and so I used that. But where and what should I put in for the preferred fonts?

buddycom

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 09, 2000 at 11:01 AM.

[This message was edited by buddycom on September 09, 2000 at 11:04 AM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    buddycom
    IP