Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xaramenu.js kills frames in IE 6+

If this is not the correct place to post this message, please direct me to the correct place.

I'm redeveloping a web site that was created by someone using xaramenu. The new web site now breaks in IE 6+ because xaramenu is conflicting with the iframe of the new web site.

After installing the xaramenu code and executing with IE 6+ any javascript reference to frames returns undefined.

Same code works fine in Firefox.

Please help if you have any ideas. I'd rather not have to try to debug xaramenu javascript to make this work as I'm doing this for a non-profit organization.

THANKS!!! :-)

Default Re: xaramenu.js kills frames in IE 6+

Hello Marine2026,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I'm not well versed in javascript and iframes, but I believe the combination of javascript for the menu which references 'document.write' dereferences any iframe referenced by the javascript for your webpage.

The only solution I can think of would be to edit the javascript for the menu to reference the iframe where the menu resides.

Another solution would be to use another language for the webpage so there is no conflict with references. I don't know how viable that is for the site you are redeveloping.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update