Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question File not appearing on IE

Hi, I've designed a new site for a client and the website use to always work fine (to my knowledge).

It works fine on FF still but I tried it on IE 7 and it does not load the swf file.

Can anyone help with what the issue might be? I have Flash Player 9 and its been saved as SWF 5.

Need help.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gare; 23 August 2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: web link. New members not alowed to post.
    IP

Default Re: File not appearing on IE

Hi
    appears to work on my IE7
    can only suggest you check your IE7 security settings and make sure the IE flash plugin is there and not disabled.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thumbs down Re: File not appearing on IE

Just checked all of my IE7 settings, still doesn't load on there. My client, themselves are the ones that pointed out this error on one of their computers.

Any other suggestions please.... I cannot believe I can't figure this out.
    Last edited by Gare; 23 August 2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
    IP

Works fine for me on IE7 too. It could be a security setting on individual machines etc or it could possibly be an Anti-Virus program. One further possiblity is it's loading the swf file from cache. Try deleting all your Tempory Internet files.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 March 2007 at 03:00 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Like EGG said,probably security issues.

Are they watching the site U made on a semi-intranet system(bussiness systems usually have plugins switched off)

Gr,Hans
    IP

Yeah, probably the plugin isn't loading or hasn't been updated along with the browser (I've seen that happen with some installs of IE7). Have them go to Adobe's site and upgrade the plugin to the latest version, just to be safe.
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Okay, I updated all flash and removed practically ALL security settings and still does not work on IE. Any other possible solutions would be VERY helpful.
    IP

djkk786,

Don't you have a name?

I suspect that the problem is to do with the "ieupdate.js" code in your file.

About a year ago Microsoft lost a court case which restricted their use of the OBJECT and EMBED tags. Normally this leads to the annoying requirement to firstly see a warning message followed by the need to click again on a link to get it to work.

I think I did a tutorial on by-passing this glitch. I'll try to dig it up and see if it helps.

EDIT: Here's the Link

I suspect the js code you currently have works for FF but NOT for IE.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 March 2007 at 04:27 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Smile Re: File not appearing on IE

I saw the tutorial, thanks for that. But that wasn't the problem. I built the website using SwishMax and they have a patch on their website for any swf files (weather it was built by Flash or Swish) which enables the files to work on IE.

If anyone else has this issue, goto the link below to download the swf patch:
    http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?a...&tab=downloads

Thanks guys,

Malik
    IP