Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Disaster!!

Default Disaster!!

Hi everyone,
    thought I'd try and be a bit arty by trying to do a free hand drawing, just using the mouse, of my wife and I don't think I'm cut out for this as you can see!! Also been banished to the spare bedroom now for my efforts I'll be in more trouble now for showing it
    Stygg2003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disaster!.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	36299  

Default Re: Disaster!!

You have got to start somewhere Stygg and just keep practicing till you get it right, then maybe you'll be allowed to get back into the marital bedroom, i've seen worse efforts.

I've a little book of David Hockney illustrations that look very similar to your effort. Get rid of the blue background and it would be almost identical to the style of his etchings in this book.
    Derek

Stygg2003,
    I wouldn't call this a disaster. There are some good points to this drawing, i.e. the hair texture and the generl expression in the face are good starters. You can build on this experience and learn from it.
    You might want to possibly focus, for now, on one aspect of the drawing and try to perfect that. Once you've improved there to your relative satisfaction you can move on to another aspect.
    Keep on!
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I've a little book of David Hockney illustrations that look very similar to your effort. Get rid of the blue background and it would be almost identical to the style of his etchings in this book.
    Derek
    I like it too and with a mouse !
    well done can only get better
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Derek
    Thats give me a boost Derk, but I think I will get a tablet for my next attempt, everyone tells me it is easier to draw with? Thanks to the rest of you guys for your comments, and by the way Norm. after my wife read all your comments, I'm off the "disgruntled with" list
    Stygg2003