Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Not happy with the results

Hello;

I did a very small test. I create a 3D animated text, I set the quality options to the highest possible and then I saved this as a .GIF. Then I include this file into one of my proyects on Premier Elements and when I render and see the results the 3D animated text it's so pixelated that looks bad really bad.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance HF.
    Last edited by hfgerena; 18 March 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Default Re: Not happy with the results

If the end results are pixelated it sounds as though Photoshop Elements is increasing the original file size. I don't use Photoshop Elements so I can't comment further.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If the end results are pixelated it sounds as though Photoshop Elements is increasing the original file size. I don't use Photoshop Elements so I can't comment further.

Opps, sorry I see I made a mistake on the software name, I should say Premiere Elements instead of PhotoShop Elements.

Rather than have people guess the problem that you can see, why not post the gif here and a screenshot of what happens in Premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If the end results are pixelated it sounds as though Photoshop Elements is increasing the original file size... <snip>
    What Egg said.

I don't use Elements either... However, the "pixelation" (most likely) has to do with the resolution you used to export the image from Xara3D... Exporting it at e.g. 96 dpi and bringing it in to a "project" set up at 300 dpi (and scaling the said graphic) will make the image look blurry. Export from Xara 3D at the resolution you want to use it at.

It's not a Xara 3D export issue... Look at your Elements project and what you have your resolution set up at - I would assume it works the same way as in the "normal/full" - Photoshop?

Risto

Quote Originally Posted by hfgerena View Post
    Opps, sorry I see I made a mistake on the software name, I should say Premiere Elements instead of PhotoShop Elements.
    Lots of people replying while I was tucking my little one to bed... and finishing my post.

Not to worry hfgerena, I'm sure we can all figure it out together...

Me personally, I think it's a resolution thing...

Welcome to Talkgraphics!

Risto

The problem is that you saved as a GIF file, which is limited to 256 indexed colors. Your choice is to either make a massive GIF file and hope Premiere can scale it down (which will lessen the pixelation and sharpen the edges) or use a different export option such as AVI or Flash which will give you higher quality results.