Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Illustrator Swatches

I searched for this, but couldn't find any information. I have an Illustrator swatch from a manufacturer that has thier color codes. Is there any way to use put those colors into the xara gallery?

Thanks

Default Re: Illustrator Swatches

Are they defined as CMYK or Spot or RGB?

Im not fully shoore but I think that best way is to create manual shapes and fill them with colors from swatch and save file as ai or PDF and import it in Xara.
    Xara will catch automaticaly all colors that are different from her palette
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

No, No, No. It took the introduction of a full update to let this happen just in Adobe products. Just think paying another £400 so that you can use swatches between PS, ID and AI. You have to pay an extra £400 for the pleasure to exchange swatches between these three to get colour inconsistency in CS2 which I did not think worth the bother although the eextended tools included with PS I would like but not for that price.

I would love, love brushes that are included with Illy to be available with XPro but no luck. I even thought about including this request in Ivan's brush request in a thread which is active at the moment but i thought it was too soon after the intro of XPro but it is definitely a wish that we had brushes like these which could be easily used by a tablet of Wacom's. The pressure sensitive areas do not work well as you can finish a line well above the tablet which is silly when all that you are trying to do is to get a narrower line finish. It feels like you are doing a magic trick rather than using a pressure sensitive pen.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by minimiro View Post
    Are they defined as CMYK or Spot or RGB?

Im not fully shoore but I think that best way is to create manual shapes and fill them with colors from swatch and save file as ai or PDF and import it in Xara.
    Xara will catch automaticaly all colors that are different from her palette
    Thanks, That's what I was afraid I'd have to do. The problem is that they are CMYK colors defined by a manufacturer. I can pull the colors off and manually insert them into xara, just hoping there was a way to import them.

Albacore, I think you're misunderstanding me. I have one printshop that only prints an 80 color pallete. They provided me with swatches for adobe illustrator and I want to use those colors in Xara, but I think I'm going to have to add them manually. I'm not concerned with the illustrator swatches other than for this printshop.

Thanks.

Sorry I did. Just import the file as Mimimiro states move shapes off the art board and then you could save it as a template and not bother taking into the colour gallery which would be quicker.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks for you help guys