Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font trouble in hovering button

HI All,
    I tried making a few rollovers with Xara, and out of 5 buttons 4 are great, but one is giving me trouble. I have a button with the text "gardens", and the "G" and the "s" appear odd on the hovering state. I wondered if anyone could offer advise?
    I am attaching the basic button (m3) and the hover (m3-3) xara files.

Cheers
    Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Font trouble in hovering button

Hi Andy,

I'm slightly confused. Are you using Xtremes navbar tool? The 2 xar files you've attached are Animation xar files. Is there a reason for this?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

The image files came with a web template and so I just thought I'd try using Xara. At the time of starting to play with it I didn't really think of the navbar tool , not too sure how to use that tool to be honest.

Cheers
    Andy

Hi again Andy,

Still not 100% sure what you're trying to do but I think the problem you're having is pixel related. In the m3.xar file the button size is 136 x 39 pixels. However in m3-3.xar the overall button size is 136.5 x 39 pixels. This will have the effect of squeezing up your text. Try this ammended m3-3.xar file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host