Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon

Default Re: Coming Soon

Thank you Bill. I ken noo as they say in Scotland.

Problem fixed, Eric.
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1934viosinfigionicabriolet.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	35921  

Gorgeous!

Until Eric mentioned it, I never noticed the headlamp being on the viewers side of the mud guard (fender).

This is my new favorite of all your drawings. Something about the classic design simply grabs my attention.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This is my new favorite of all your drawings. Something about the classic design simply grabs my attention.
    I agree with you Bill. All Rons car images are great but this one is very special.

Ron, after you've been looking at a creation hour after hour, usually over several days, it's very easy to miss the obvious.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I want one!..amazing ron!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Coming Soon

The best yet, Ron
    Wonderful stuff .

Jim Toal

SUPERB Put me down for one
    Regards
    amotl

I hope this isn't an insult to anyone, but I really want to learn this. Do you guys start with a traced bitmap of an image or do you draw the entire picture from the ground up?

Crypto have you used pencil or pen & ink on paper to draw? Using a vector graphics program is similar to that, only pencils and pens do not have an undo button .

Do you have Xtreme or another program that you use?

If you are beginning without any experience, it is best to learn what each tool does. Gary Priester's XaraXone has many resources to help you learn. The Workbooks and Webxealot section have tutorials that tell what each tool in Xara X (these apply to X¹, Xtreme, and Xtreme Pro) can do and how it can be used.

If you want to learn to use Xtreme, I recommend reading some of the Workbooks at http://www.xaraxone.com and you can always post any questions in the Xara Xtreme forum.
    Last edited by Soquili; 16 March 2007 at 01:07 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Crypto,
    There is a tutorial, I believe, in the xaraone as mentioned by Bill. All, but a very few, of my drawings of cars/motorcycles are done with the help of a photograph placed on an uneditable layer in Xara. This allows me to trace the various parts of the photo and color/shade/transparency/blend etc. to emulate the photo itself.
    I'm speaking for myself only, of course, but I don't think I would want to put in the time to do it any other way.
    I have recently done a drawing of a chopper (motorcycle) which was all my own creation "from the ground up" as you put it. I've also done a couple of cars that way. EXTREMELY time consuming in that it takes a lot of research to get the details right.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks all for your kind words.
    ron