Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XPro - Suggestion for next release

Be able to right-click on white space of a page and have the context sensitive menu include the options to insert new, copy, or delete the page.

Default Re: XPro - Suggestion for next release

Fix Xtreme Pro's swf export so I can export a bitmap along with drawn shapes as a swf and then import the swf into Flash 8. I should get the bitmap and the drawn shapes appearing on a layer in Flash exactly as they were in Xara.

Xara X does it faultlessly whereas Xtreme Pro wont export the bitmap. It will export the vector shapes as swfs ok, but only if the bitmap is deselected. Unfortunately, this is nowadays my main use of Xara so Ive reinstalled Xara X.

Be great if this was fixed in X Pro. Another thing... allow me a way to set export to swf dpi as 72 (since that's Flash's default).

Q

Default Re: XPro - Suggestion for next release >> MulitPage Export

If you have a multi-page document and you want to export the individual pages as a JPG, Tif, PNG, etc., then have a PageS option in the dialog so that all pages can be exported at once rather than one at a time.
    Last edited by jclements; 14 March 2007 at 01:34 AM.

Default Re: XPro - Suggestion for next release >> Filename used as prefix when exporting

Have an Option setting for Exporting Functions which would automatically drop in the file name (less the .xar extension) in the Export Dialog's filename entry box.

The user could then add to or delete from that name.

More suggestions:
    1. Change default option "Transparent" from PNG Bitmap Export dialog: Choose "not checked" as default, instead of "checked".
    2. Save last export options within the Windows registry and set them after a restart of Xara Xtreme.

Remi

Change default option "Transparent" from PNG Bitmap Export dialog: Choose "not checked" as default, instead of "checked".
    Same with the "Create Bitmap" option.

Oh yes please!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

-Use up and down-arrow keys to navigate though the frames of an animation.
    -Select more than one frame to mass-move or delete frames simualtaneously.
    -non antialiased text so output is not blurry ( see selteco flash designer's "html text" option for flash output. Razor sharp at any size selteco.com)
    -better marking in preferences dialog of what preference is saved IN DOCUMENT and what is saved as a program default for all documents.
    -way to restore warnings if you want them back later ( i.e. flash export errors, etc )
    -more explicit/publicized plug-in architecture like firefox, thunderbird, to allow open source programming effort to extend benefit to windows product via plugins to provide added fuctionality ( program capability plugins over and above the filter-type plugins ala photoshop )
    -scripting or actions like photoshop
    - dont bloat the program like other magix products... ( no offense, just a general dislike I'm sure I share with the lion's share of customers for large, heavy, slow products which lose their bang-per-line-of-code after trying to do too many things in one program )
    -show release notes for each update

what I'd really like is the ability to step back through previous zoom levels rather than just a toggle
    that and a custom zoom setting facility on the menu bar
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Same with the "Create Bitmap" option.
    Since most of my png exports are transparent, I would prefer that the last setting for a given format be retained until I explicitly change it. That would assist both camps, I think. And if you can't retain the setting between sessions, add a preference for the default.

Same goes for bitmap copies. Most of the time, I want transparency on for those, but I do have runs where I'm making non-transparent copy after non-transparent copy. It would be great if we could set an on/off preference for transparency on bitmap copies the way we set a default dpi.

My greatest desire for a new feature would be the ability to create the files that Xara uses in WebStyle. This is a really versatile program, but I've already used up all the themes and buttons I really like. I have heard that Xara uses a proprietary program to create these buttons, etc., so there shouldn't be any copyright issues.
    ---
    Will