Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saved project obliterates previous project

Hello. I am several days into my test version of MM. Very pleased with results. The only problem is that I haven't figured out how to save my project and create a new project without the latter replacing the former. I saved the second project in a new folder, both in MM, and on my hard-drive, and when I reload my projects I then see two project folders with different names, but when I open them both are the same, and I have lost my first project. Have tried this many times, with as many as six different project folders, but every time I save my latest, it replaces all the other projects as well. I've lost many hours of work in the process. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. BJ

Default Re: Saved project obliterates previous project

Hello BJ,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I've experienced the same 'headache' when I've overwritten or put multiple projects into the same folder.

When you click the Save button, the first prompt is where you put in a project name.....I mistakenly thought this would also be the name of the folder where the file would be saved.

The second prompt is where I found I must create a new folder and also double click it's icon in the icon view before the files are saved to the new project folder. If you don't do the double click on the new folder the files will go into the previous project's folder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm-save.gif 
Views:	174 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	35854  
    Last edited by Soquili; 12 March 2007 at 10:23 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you, Soquili. I appreciate your help. I followed your suggestion, but problem persists. I have saved File A into Folder A, and when I close the program, and reopen it and load my projects, Folder A appears, just as it should, and it contains File A. The problem is when I create File B. I create a new folder, which I name Folder B, and I see it on the screen next to Folder A. I double-click on Folder B and it opens and I save File B directly into Folder B, and save. I close the program and reopen it and load my projects. On the screen are Folder A and Folder B, just as I expect. But when I open each of them in turn, BOTH contain File B. File A is gone. Do you think my program is defective? I have spent two or three hours just this evening trying every conceivable combination of saving, and always my last file overwrites my previous file, even though they are definitely in separate folders. I am ready to give up.

Thanks,
    BJ

Hi BJ,

It sounds like you may have a corrupt install. Doing an complete uninstall and re-install should correct the problem. Do all that off line with any antivirus software, registry monitoring software, Ad-Ware/Spy-Ware program turned off as they can prevent updates to the registry that are needed. Also if you have multiple accounts on your computer use the Administrator account. If using Vista turn off User Account Control (I know Microsoft says not to, but it prevents even an administrator from installing some programs).

I hope that helps.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update