Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash to DVD

Default Flash to DVD

Has anyone experimented with converting a Flash SWF to a DVD format playable on standard DVD players?

I would like to experiment to see if I can create a nice Flash piece that can be converted and played on any DVD player.

Thanks

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Default Re: Flash to DVD

Red,

The best way to do this would be to use the Flash stand alone player. Select "Windows Projector" &/or "Mac Projector" in the publish optiions. This creates an .exe file that will run in it's own window (not a browser window).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks Egg.

I'm aware of the projector and executable files. I've made quite a few interactive cd's. Are you saying a standard project file will play on a standard home DVD player? I've not tried that.

If not, I'm looking to see if I can go through a conversion process that will convert the content so it will play on a standard home DVD player. Like a DVD movie. Do you have any experience doing that?

Thanks again,

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

RedWombat,
    I think you can try Flash to Video Encoder PRO by geovid. After burning you can watch it in standart DVD player.
    IP

Thanks Midnight!

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for! I have a memorial I created for a friends daughter and I want to convert it to a DVD format as a gift.

Thanks again!

Red

IP

You're welcome.
    Good luck! I hope it will be a great gift!
    IP

YOu can also try this, FlashOnTV, it can convert flash to dvd directly. I download the geovid, it just convert flash to dvd folder
    IP

R U using real Flash(adobe)
    then this can export to quicktime movie wich you can load in videoauthoring prog or convert with a free mov to mpg/vob converter

If you're using SwishMax it can create an AVI file wich also can be converted or loaded by a program

Or you can get SwishStudio,it will also do the task

Gr,Hans
    IP

For our studio, we tend to export an image sequence then import that into an Avid or Premiere or After Effects or something of the sort in order to edit it/etc. - the quality stays top-notch in this case. The drawback is, some MC effects get lost if you export as an image sequence. We use FlashANTS to go from SWF->AVI in this case, and then bring that into our video project. Depends on how high-quality you need it to be. We're working broadcast, so we can't mess around, but for most projects, this is a tedious process. Still, the quality looks fabulous when going this route.
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

flash to video encoder pro a well known tool for that.
    geovid dot com
    IP