Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Webstyle Dreamweaver Plug In

Hi,

I am having so much trouble with the plug in for Dreamweaver 8. Installed Webstyle just fine and installed the plug in from the xara site however when i go to insert Xara Webstyle 4 the only options that are highlighted are Webstyle4 installed, Launch, About, Help, update.

None of the other options for webstyle like 3D heading, banner head, bullet etc. are highlighted in grey(Broken). Can anyone please help me I have been trying for days.

Thank you very much.

Default Re: Xara Webstyle Dreamweaver Plug In

I don't have Dreamweaver version 8, but I dug out my old copy of Dreamweaver MX (version 6) and installed it and the plug-in.

When I select Insert Webstyle 4, it automatically launches Webstyle.

I will assume that if you select Launch from your pop-up the same will happen. Create or load the 3D heading you want and save it in a new project. When you save Dreamweaver will then insert that 3D heading into the current dreamweaver docoument you are working.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Is there a plug in for Dreamweaver MX for Menu Maker and does it work?

The same xaradwext.exe file that works for Webstyle 4 will include Menu Maker if it is installed.

Both Webstyle 4 and Menu Maker 1.1 work the same when selected from the Dreamweaver Insert menu. The application is launched (Webstyle or Menu Maker). When you finish working on the Webstyle or Menu Maker item you want and save it the program will exit and the item will be in your Dreamweaver document.

You can manually include a Webstyle 4 or Menu Maker 1.1 object into your Dreamweaver document. It requires you to be fluent in html as it is implemented in Dreamweaver to include javascript and the image files.
    Last edited by Soquili; 04 March 2007 at 09:02 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I thought I would join this thread rather than start a new. I have dl'd the DW plug-in and installed it. However nothing shows up in the DW insert menu, should it?
    Thanks

OK. I now know to search before asking such a question. Found the answers.