Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Systems

Default Blog Systems

If you want to start your own Website, it's sometimes a good idea to start with a Weblog software instead of using a HTML editor.

Weblog software (also called blog software or blogware) is a category of software which consists of a specialized form of Content Management Systems specifically designed for creating and maintaining weblogs. [1]

A blog is a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order. [2]

Weblog software offers you a built-in WYSIWYG HTML-Editor and allows you to edit your Website easy and fast. They supports individual layouts in the form of customizable templates.

If you're interested in such a system, I would recommend to look into the following Blog systems:

Another solution is, to use a free or commercial Blog service:

Regards,
    Remi

[1] source Wikpedia article about Weblog software
    [2] source Wikpedia article about Blogs
    Last edited by remi; 03 March 2007 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re: Blog Systems

Thanks remi, you're no.1 !

If you want to create a Graphics portfolio instead of a normal Blog, most of the Blog Systems offers the possibility to change your Blog into a PhotoBlog.

Links:

Regards,
    Remi

I can't say enough about WordPress: it's brillliant and very easy to use. It's very smart in the way it's structured in development --- keeping out all "flair" and using plugins for it instead. There are thousands of free skins available out there, and new ones are added daily. And with a well written and structured CSS even a noob like me can adjust things.

Can't believe I have I wasted time with slaving away updating html pages, when I can simply edit a part of a template (exernal file) and have it updated across thousands of pages instantenously.

Remi, looking at how WordPress uses pages (and child pages), I can't see why anyone shouldn't be able to create a "normal" looking website (not a blog) by simply structuring the site with pages and child pages? Using a static page for the main page and simply adjusting the navigation should get someone well on the way. What's easier and quicker to update and maintain than that?! I'm going to give that a go for my main website I think.

I can't believe something like this is 100% FREE!

I just updated my 4 "blogs" with a new skin (just need to add a small banner graphic), it has seven additional separate files that can pull in ads (or other content) to predefined hotspots. No need to code anything --- just edit the external files. Love this simplistic skin, ok, the only drawback is the lateral scrolling for 800 by 600 monitors, but that's the price I have to pay for those three columns that I want. At least the main content is visible without scrolling...

Check it out on Scudfish.com --- and Ristoons.com (has pictures on it, but you probably have to go to page 2 to see ads populating in the hotspot (for the complete look)).

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 18 July 2007 at 02:39 PM.

If you happen to have a Win2003 server on the internet, you have free Blog Software with Sharepoint Services 3. Well, its mainly collaboration software, but it contains a Blog template you can edit to suit your needs.

Not sure though how many of us meet the initial requirement (win2003 server) so this might be useful for only few people.

Juergen

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a try.

I was looking for a place to set up a gallery. I found a designers toolbox website and they wanted almost 30 dollars a month! Free is definitely more my style.

Jen

If you are only interested in setting up a gallery you can find a free gallery cms system.

take a look at this list.

Did anyone try weebly services?

entropz - This thread is 7 years old! If you want to ask this questions, please start a new Topic.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Best to go with wordpress CMS best ever CMS it is