Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: please help

Default please help

hi i am new and been making an animated pic what i would like to know is, is it possible to use a custom border twice i made a border in the shape of a penguin and would like one in the top left corner and one in the bottom right corner i have read thru the other threads and sorry i am blonde but nothing seems to match what i am trying to do

thanks

Default Re: please help

Hello, Enigma76, welcome to the forum.

I don't actually use the borders or any design feature myself, but I believe you can only have one in any image. However, since you made the border yourself, you would be able to import it as an ordinary object rather than a border, and you could then certainly import it more than once, and position them more or less where you want. As to whether you can then acheive the final image you want this way, I cannot say without a better idea of what you have in mind

If you could post a rough image of what you want to end up with, we can see what might be done.

Mike

ty for the quick reply what i am trying to do is make a desktop pic for a friend and she want 2 names adding to it (her grandkids) seen as she likes the movie happy feet i decided to go with a penguin theme and the idea i had was to have 1 at the top left corner rotating with 1 name and one bottom right corner with the other name and i have imported a happy feet pic for the background i have enclosed a pic of the border i made and added my name so u can see what i mean i know that i can add both name to the 1 border on a pagebreak but i would prefer to use that as a last resort, any help would be gratefully received.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enigma.gif 
Views:	181 
Size:	586.1 KB 
ID:	35517  

OK, the attached image was made by importing the knotwork box twice, on separate lines, and the two names, also on separate lines, and then the line spacing between the name and box was reduced to 0%, while the other lines were kept at normal spacing. You may need to adjust the font-sizing for the names to fit them into their respective border shapes in your own version. Spaces were placed to the right of the top box and name, and to the left of the bottom box and name, to push them away from the centre, and the line spacing does the same vertically.

You can select the individual shapes and apply the relevant rotate animation options to them. I chose to keep the boxes static, and to just rotate the names within the boxes.

I would have attached the X3D file, too, but it turns out to be nearly half a meg in size, probably because of the complexity of the celtic knotwork I chose for the example. I'll replace them with a plain box, and attach the X3D file in another post for you to play with.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Celtic knots anim1.gif 
Views:	177 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	35528  

Plain box version of 3D file attached. Much smaller

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

tyvvm for your help it works a treat