Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Two spinning balls

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Which one? My one has two dots, imported together and spun with rotate1 animation. A texture with two squares one red one blue side by side was applied and adjusted to fit the globes. The dots had a large round bevel (176) applied, along with a moderate extrusion (23). The squares could have been graphics rather than colours.
    1 shape coloured with one dual coloured texture! So that's how your spheres were so round. I was wondering where your sizing pixels were. I'll have to remember that trick.

My suggestion has 1 dot per sphere pasted into X3D. Extruded to 180, bevel 'curve' to deph 999, in 'rotate1'.
    Here are 4 dots to make 4 globes (a bit rounder this time)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-spheres-rotating.gif 
Views:	232 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	35499  

That's right, the two dots I used were the sizing pixels, and another trick I used was that they were actually vertically in line, not horizontal, and they were closer together than I usually have them. That lets the dots stay small in relation to their combined height. That made quite an important difference.

If they were imported horizontally, they got resized in the vertical dimension by X3D, so that they couldn't be given enough extrusion/bevel to make them both large and spherical. They just looked small and far apart.

Once in X3D, I shift-ctrl dragged them 90 degrees to make them appear horizontal.

Mike

Name:	twin spheres anim textured.gif 
Views:	231 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	35502  

Default Re: 4 pumping hearts

Look at this hearts just pumping. Please all help would be appreciated. I want to make less shadow get this pixelling off as you can see when it zoom in and out pixel is not smooth and shadow is larger than normal hearts pix.

Name:	4hearts.gif 
Views:	193 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	35680  
    Last edited by dmcmaster; 07 March 2007 at 04:30 AM.

Hi dmcmaster,

Your shadow looks too big because it has an outer layer of background.
    Your posted image is on a light blue background. You should save your animation using the same light blue background and not the dark one which you chose. Better still, don't save it as transparent. This will save memory and will look the same as your original.