Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Volvo evo

Default Volvo evo

Gettin there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volvoevo.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	35407  

Default Re: Volvo evo

Getting better all the time Patman. If you want to make it look more photo-realistic take a look at photographs of cars and in particular the reflections & variations in the colour acording to how the light 'hits' the car. Also check out the work of others in the gallery and on the Xara Xone.

Pat.

if I may make a suggestion...

you are having some difficulty with the registering of lines. This is a common problem amenable to a rather simple (if tedious) solution.

You can make registration virtually perfect by using a wireframe sketch with a SINGLE line separating each of the 'pieces' (i would exclude the wheels and draw them in separately).

JOIN the entire wireframe and ARRANGE/CONVERT LINE TO SHAPE.
    Enlarge the image first (i usually go to about 400%) and set the line width no smaller than 1px. This will ensure that you get good registration without cutting off corners.

you will now have the car in 'panels'... a series of individual objects. BUT... the panels will be separated by 1 px, the width of the original lines. To line them up, set the line widths to the same as before (again, min 1px) and again ARRANGE/CONVERT LINE TO SHAPE.

now you will have two of each panel, an inner and an outter. the OUTTER panels will line up perfectly, the space between then taken up by the convert. You can remove the inner panels or move them to another layer (for shading, highlighting etc).

this is kinda a pain in the butt method, but it works. ALL my complex stuff is drawn this way.

hope this helps. your drawing is coming along pretty well as it is.

geo.

Thanks GeoBen have to test that for my next work