Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Different Registry Location

Hi all,

I'm running with Windows Vista on a new Dell PC. Installed Webstyle4 so I can use it with my web programs. I can get Webstyle4 to upen and run when I double click on it's program icon. But, when I go into Frontpage or Dreamweaver and click to add a button, I get this error:

Webstyle.exe is in a different location to the path in the registry

How the heck can I get this to work and does anyone know a fix? I've written into Xara support and they pointed me here with basically no answer? Joanne

Default Re: Different Registry Location

Hello Joanne,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Which version of Vista are you using and which version of Frontpage? I don't have Dreamweaver so I won't be able to try that.

I'll install Frontpage on my Vista computer at home this evening along with Webstyle and try to duplicate the error you are getting.

I should be able to find where the location error in the registry is located if I get the error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi! Thanks so much for writing.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit, Frontpage 03

I primarily use Frontpage 03. I'm hoping I can get this resolved. I have clients that want their sites updated and I am unable to change their nav bars as they were done on my old PC when Xara Webstyle4 worked. :-( I appreciate any help you can give me.

Joanne

I have Frontpage '03 at home and Webstyle 4. I'll install them on my Vista computer and try to get the error.

Does the error occur when you click the menu to insert the button into Frontpage?

I haven't used Frontpage or Webstyle for a long time. Any particular steps I should try to follow to duplicate the error?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Joanne I installed Frontpage then installed Webstyle 4. Opening Frontpage I selected the Insert menu and then Xara Webstyle and have inserted a menubar, a bullet, and a button; all without any error.

Did you do an upgrade to Vista? Did you buy a new computer with Vista installed and have it personalized by a 'geek squad'?

About the only help I can offer is to uninstall Webstyle 4 and then reinstall. This should update the registry entries as the Frontpage and/or Dreamweaver additions are installed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I bought the Vista already installed on my new Dell PC. I also uninstalled and re-installed the program and it is still not workingl ;-( I'm at a loss. It works but won't work in frontpage. Jo

Jo did you disable User Account Control before the install process? I find that I have to do that so that programs install correctly.

I've permanently disabled User Account Control because it causes more problems than it was designed to correct. I know that Microsoft and their representatives do not advise doing that.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Different Registry Location

Whooooo Hoooo! That worked! I disabled the user account setting like you requested it and it works now! I could just kiss you!!!!!! I'm so excited! Thank you sooooo much for helping me.

I can finally use it. But, it does turn my screen all funky when I open it up, but when it closes, it is back to normal. That is kind of strange but I can live with it! Sheesh! This Windows Vista change has been crazy!!!!!!

Thanks so much again!

Joanne

You are very welcome. I'm glad we were able to figure it out together.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I appreciate all of your help. I will definately use this forum.

Joanne LaFord
    JOW Graphics
    http://www.jowgraphics.com