Michael, I think you and -Rob- got your wires crossed. He did get it working. But I too think it would be cool to have an email to contact --just in case.

Back to WScript, yes, thank you to both Michael and Sean. That was the info I needed. I wasn't sure if Wscript came from a program that was important or not. (Can't get too much more important than win 98 itself!)

I didn't upgrade from Win'95 OSR2 to Win '98SE 'til late last year.(had to finish getting my mileage out of 95 OSR2). I figured somebody in this thread would know about Wscript off-hand and apparently you did. Thank you once again!

Sean, I forgot to add to my previous post that I use the Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down both Wscript and qwdll and then my version of Norton Speed Disk for windows works flawlessly on drive C: . (that's when I fell asleep at the keyboard -- sorry)

Boy, you bring back memories. . . DOS??? Just a few months back I sent in a Rebate for the newer version of Norton Utilities and I had to send in a front page from the manual of my previous version. So I ripped out the page from Norton Utilities 8 (you remember back in the DOS and Win 3.11 days) (My mother had bought the Norton utilities for Win95 OSR2 so we weren't that behind) but I just couldn't help laughing at what the rebate people would think about our major upgrade from Norton Utilites 8 (the DOS era) all the way to Norton Utilities for Win'98.

I'm curious, do you keep a DOS folder with all the good ol' DOS files in it. I sometimes get frustrated when working on a friend's win '95 or '98 systems that don't really have all the old DOS files. I end up having to bring my important DOS files with me.

Anyway, thank you so very much for the info at least now I know it is important. (that W did have an ominous sound to it -- it made me wonder if it was microsoft's fault. Now I know it is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]