Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I currently own PSP5 and a Kodak 8670PS dye sub printer. My problem is that the printer was designed to run with Photoshop, not PSP. It takes approximately 15 minutes for the image to start printing after I tell it to print. Is there anything different about PSP7 that is more 'Photoshop' compatible to help solve my problem, or do I need to invest$$$ for the Photoshop. Also, does PSP7 have package/multi-print capabilities? Need to be able to print (2)5x7's, etc. on a standard sheet of paper. Thank you for any help you can be.
    IP

I currently own PSP5 and a Kodak 8670PS dye sub printer. My problem is that the printer was designed to run with Photoshop, not PSP. It takes approximately 15 minutes for the image to start printing after I tell it to print. Is there anything different about PSP7 that is more 'Photoshop' compatible to help solve my problem, or do I need to invest$$$ for the Photoshop. Also, does PSP7 have package/multi-print capabilities? Need to be able to print (2)5x7's, etc. on a standard sheet of paper. Thank you for any help you can be.
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Unfortunately, I can't tell you much about your printer...but I would recommend that you upgrade to PSP7. It is feature rich...and offers much more than PSP5. It is also much more like Photoshop.

The only software that I am aware of that offers the ability to layout photographic pages is the package that comes with the HP PhotoSmart printer.
    It has dozens of options... and allows you to print as many photos on a page as you can. For example: 1-5x7, 2-2X3 and a bunch of wallet size.

I have been looking for a similar type product...but haven't found one yet. If anyone else knows of one that is available for purchase, please post a message.

I am sure if you dropped Jasc technical support a note with your question about your printer, they may have an answer for you.

Happy Holidays!

SandDancr Studios

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

SandDancr,
    Thanks for your reply. I downloaded a 30 day trial version of PSP7 last night and see that it has a 'Multiple print' option! I played with it for a few minutes this morning, it seems that I can place different size images on a letter size sheet of paper, but it may be time consuming if you had a bunch of different images to do.

I selected an image, then resized the image to a 5x7 and wallet size, saving each one as image57 and image23. I then brought the two images into the multiple print option, then I could drag a 5x7 and (4) wallets on a page or (2) 5x7's or (8) wallets. Not very good at computer lingo, so I hope this makes sense. The HELP text spoke about saving formats, but I think it was for that group of pictures. I'd like to be able to save different combinations of prints in a template form, then all you would have to do is drag new images into these pre-formatted combinations and have the packages you want. I know that Photoshop offers this, but don't want to spend $600 for something when PSP will probably do 90% of what Adobe does for a lot less. I do like the look of PSP7 over 5. Sorry to ramble. Thanks! Lawrence
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

teach an old dog new tricks! Thanks, Lawrence...I am going to have to go and play with it...I didn't realize it was even there.

SandDancr Studios

Joelle

IP