Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lenticular effect

A recent post on the Xara forum had a link for creating wiggly gif or flash animations from stereo photos. This reminded me of this little animation I had sitting in my WIP folder... (I must have been even more bored than Raymond that time... ). It tries to mimic what you see in those holographic cards and stickers you find in novelty shops. The proper term would be lenticular prints, and here's a nice link for those interested in further reading:
    http://www.shortcourses.com/how/lent...lenticular.htm
    I didn't know that you could create multiframe animations in those things. At least I've never seen 70 or more frames as mentioned in the site. The most I've seen were just 3 or 4 frames.
    But no fancy software was used for my animation. Just PI and UGA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dizzy.gif 
Views:	854 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	35289  
    IP

Default Re: Lenticular effect

Never knew that stuff had a name: "Lenticular"? Wow, what an educator you are.

Good idea.

Say I downloaded the new PI to give it a try. Seems they have dumbed some of it down or have you tried it. Never upgraded past 10, have 8 also. !0 isn't as stable as 8.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Nice effect, I think that captures it.

I think I had that lenticular once, no...that was something else, sorry.
    IP

V's 12 is the best and most stable (by far) of all the PhotoImpacts that I have tried.
    IP

Could not find how to adjust levels or curves while I was at it, where is that, Kiwi. Not that I would mind upgrading but I just couldn't find what I was looking for.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Yes, Kiwi. Please fill us in on your evaluation of PI12. I'm still on PI8. Much of my free time seems to be spent on exploring 3D, and I find PI8 is adequate for my needs. But it's still interesting to hear what's been improved in the latest version.
    OK, logged in to post my latest experiment on the wiggly 3D effect. You can simulate something similar from 2d images. This was made from standard PI fills and image objects (Odd background for the leaning tower, I know... ). I wonder if a normal photo could be modified similarly? (Extract main object, patch up the hole in the background, duplicate, shift horizontally...?)

Name:	PisaWiggle.gif 
Views:	699 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	35311  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    I wonder if a normal photo could be modified similarly? (Extract main object, patch up the hole in the background, duplicate, shift horizontally...?)
    Yup.
    Have a look at this one.
    Too late I realis that I'd not separated the gal top right from the b/ground but the other three are separated.
    Needs some tweaking but the concept seems to work, I think?

Name:	Chavezfamily.gif 
Views:	666 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	35319  
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Sally,
    As always happens, Ulead has put all the same old things in different places.
    For levels and curves ...Go to: Photo-Light -levels/curves
    For myself PI 12 is very similar to vs 8 but with a few more enhancements and most importantly it is very stable (within reason)

I tried the PI 12 demo, wasn't impressed and decided to not waste the money upgrading from my 8/10.
    Then a few days later, I won the boxed version of 12 in 2 separate graphic competitions so I now have two PI 12's
    After using 12 for a week or so, my installed versions of 8 and 10 have gone into the recycle bin.(That's my personal evaluation)
    I did read on PIRC that PI 12 could be purchased at a very reduced price through the uk site ?

Had a play with a photo in PI 12 (creative transform) using punch and this is the result, not fantastic but I spent all of 3/4 minutes doing it

Name:	waterfallpunch.gif 
Views:	644 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	35324  
    IP

Haha, Raymond, a family that sticks together, twitches together....
    Kiwi, congrats on your winning streak! So you now have PI 24 . Your animation looks like what I would be seeing if I were lost in the jungle and suffering from severe computer deprivation...
    IP