Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Charts, graphs, and tables on my!

I have a question on Charts, graphs, and tables. Right now I do a lot of layout that involves multiple tables, graphs, and charts. I am currently creating them in illustrator, and excel. Does anyone know of a good program that can automate these, or create them faster? The charts, graphs, ect. all get printed in 2 colors. Help please..

Default Re: Charts, graphs, and tables on my!

Are you creating the charts, graphs, and tables in Excel then putting them into Illustrator for adding additional graphic content?

Excel has a Visual Basic programming ability (optional when installing the program, it can be added afterward) that could be used to automate the process of creating charts, graphs, and tables. The Excel objects are also accessable from VBScript (included in Windows 2000, XP, and Vista).

I am not familiar enough with Illustrator to know if there is any automation capabilities within the program or accessable as COM objects.

It would require some time to learn the programming language and the application objects.
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 February 2007 at 05:49 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update