Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question MSXML4 error ???

Hello,

I've been using Webstyle 4 and Xara X1 for well over a year or longer. Today (22 Feb 07) when I try to launch Webstyle 4 (or Xara X1) I get the following error message:

"MSXML4 is not correctly installed. If the installer reported that you need to reboot the computer then please do so."

Rebooting the computer does not help. This problem just started today, 22 Feb 07.

Any ideas??

Thank you for your time.
    --
    James Becker
    Last edited by JamesKB; 23 February 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Default Re: MSXML4 error ???

Uninstall any Norton Products recently? if so its been known to cause that. Do a search in all posts its been covered before. There's a link to Microsoft that I can't remember right now to fix this.Maybe someone else could give you the link

Talking Re: MSXML4 error ???

SOLVED!!

Yesterday I used the Norton/Symantec removal tool to uninstall and remove Norton Internet Security 2006 from my machine. It also deleted/removed some of the MSXML4 files that Webstyle needs.

I went to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en and downloaded/installed the MSXML4 files from there.

Now Webstyle and Xara X1 are working again.

Thanks for your time.
    --
    JamesKB

Talking Re: MSXML4 error ???

SOLVED!!

Yesterday I used the Norton/Symantec removal tool to uninstall and remove Norton Internet Security 2006 from my machine. It also deleted/removed some of the MSXML4 files that Webstyle needs.

I went to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en and downloaded/installed the MSXML4 files from there.

Now Webstyle and Xara X1 are working again.

Thanks for your time.
    --
    JamesKB