Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Webster do the same thing as Xtreme?

I'm a newbie playing around with X3D. I've watched the movie, and see how shapes need to be created in Xtreme, than pasted into X3D. Does the Webster 2 program that is included with X3D do the same thing as Xtreme? I'm just starting to fool around with this stuff, and I don't want to spend any more money right now than I have to. Is there any free program I can use rigth now, while using the X3D demo, to create shapes that can then be used in X3D? Thanks.

Default Re: Does Webster do the same thing as Xtreme?

Quote Originally Posted by jeryst View Post
    I'm a newbie playing around with X3D. I've watched the movie, and see how shapes need to be created in Xtreme, than pasted into X3D. Does the Webster 2 program that is included with X3D do the same thing as Xtreme? I'm just starting to fool around with this stuff, and I don't want to spend any more money right now than I have to. Is there any free program I can use rigth now, while using the X3D demo, to create shapes that can then be used in X3D? Thanks.
    Webster is a very basic version of Xtreme. Webster is free so why can't you use that?
    Is there anthing which Webster can't do which you need?

Anas

I though Webster was something only available with X3D. I will see if I can find a download for it. Thanks.

No, Webster is not free.
    I thought that you only needed it to use with X3D.

Remember that you can get shapes from the wingdings etc. fonts without having to use another vector program such as Webster or Xtreme.

Anas

To clarify, Webster is as salaam said a very basic version of Xtreme. It used to be on sale, but is now free with Xara3D. You cannot download it. It's good for simple things and as a companion to Xara3D.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Can Photoshop 7.0 be used to generate files that can be imported into X3D, or do you need to use one of the other Xara products?

Xara3D can import EMF and .web files. If Photoshop can do suitable EMF files they will be fine.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I too have Photoshop V.8, and it will not make vector based images. It was explained to me that photoshop makes bitmaps, and Xara software uses vector. I strongly recommend doing the upgrade if your going to need anything other then basic shapes. However, I have done things other then basic shapes but it took alot of practice. I found several tutorials regarding this on youtube. Search for XARA.

WEbster should work fine with X3D. Just don't expect it to do very much. It was originally designed to create web graphics cheaply. This it does.

Don't think it can create your business cards for you tho...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook