Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Maker 1.1 "The requested operation requires elevation"

After installing Menu Maker 1.1 on my system running Windows Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Office 2003, every time I run menumaker by double clicking it or using it as an addon through frontpage I receive the message "The requested operation requires elevation".

As of Now I click "run as administrator" in the properties of menu maker and I can run the file. However each time I do I must "Allow this program to run". From what I can tell it is because the publisher of the program can not be identified. This still prevents me from running the program as an add in on Microsoft Frontpage.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Default Re: Menu Maker 1.1 "The requested operation requires elevation"

This reminds me of the TV commercial (Windows versus Mac) showing in the US about the Windows computer needing permission to do anything.

I suspect this an issue with Vista and Administrator privileges. I don't have Vista, but from what I've read about it, this is one of the issues - permission rights for each program.

Yep...... This is the only program that I have come across this. I have gave every access in the world for vista to let this program run and also I am the one with all the access on the computer.....go figure. lol lol

I guess after a couple days vista has decided that I have enough authorization to run the program without being elevated. Not sure why but everything works ok now.

I also am having problems with Menu Maker in Vista. I have selected "Run as Administrator" and still cannot insert new menus. Any solutions?