Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie question about a saved logo not looking right when I reopen it.

I am playing around the the demo version of X3D. I created a logo that has text of verying sizes, in various position. Once I created the text, I moved it around using baseline shift, etc. The logo was perfect, so I exported it into a .swf file, which is also fine. I saved my work, and got out of X3D. Later, when I went back into X3D and opened my file, all of the pieces of text were rearranged, and strung out below each other, not how I saved them. Now I will have to try and move everything back into its proper position to get the logo to look right again. Did I do something wrong when saving? Is there a way to prevent what happened? When I created the different text parts of the logo, the only way I could get them to move around like I needed them, was to place a carriage return after each word. Did this have anything to do with it? Should I have done it another way? Sorry for all the question, but I'm really confused. Thanks.

Default Re: Newbie question about a saved logo not looking right when I reopen it.

Hello Jeryst,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Without seeing your exported logo and what you saw when you re-opened the file it is impossible to attempt to answer your question.

Can you attach a couple of screen captures?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Newbie question about a saved logo not looking right when I reopen it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeryst View Post
    I am playing around the the demo version of X3D. I created a logo that has text of verying sizes, in various position. Once I created the text, I moved it around using baseline shift, etc. The logo was perfect, so I exported it into a .swf file, which is also fine. I saved my work, and got out of X3D. Later, when I went back into X3D and opened my file, all of the pieces of text were rearranged, and strung out below each other, not how I saved them. Now I will have to try and move everything back into its proper position to get the logo to look right again. Did I do something wrong when saving? Is there a way to prevent what happened? When I created the different text parts of the logo, the only way I could get them to move around like I needed them, was to place a carriage return after each word. Did this have anything to do with it? Should I have done it another way? Sorry for all the question, but I'm really confused. Thanks.
    If your image is not to be animated, try moving the pointer on the 'Time-line' (top left) with your mouse pointer until the image is positioned to where you want it.

Anas

I'm not able to get screen shots. After I reopened it, I played around with it, and it looks like the line spacing did not get saved properly. Once I played around with the line spacing, all of the pieces came back into the proper positions. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by jeryst View Post
    I'm not able to get screen shots. After I reopened it, I played around with it, and it looks like the line spacing did not get saved properly. Once I played around with the line spacing, all of the pieces came back into the proper positions. Has anyone else ever had this happen?
    Nope!!

Just to let you know, I moved everything back into position, and resaved the file. This time when I opened it, everything was as it should be. Just some bug I stumbled onto because I wasn't holding my tongue correctly. Thanks for the replies.