Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Silo and EI...

So... NeverCenter, the maker's of Silo, and Electric Image, have joined forces... for the time being anyways...

It would seem that EI could no longer gain the right's to licence the Modler they were using in thier packages, (modeler was owned by another company) and thus have chose to include Silo (for an extra 50.oo) as the modeler for EI...

My opinion?

Wow, the mid 3D market is quickly heating up eh... I mean on one side of the board you have Silo and EI, and on the other side you have Strata CX now supporting Wings3d files... ooooh, the makings a 3D app competition if I ever saw one

The one little part I don't get about this new union of Silo and EI is... who's going to do the 3D text creation?

As it is currently, Silo does not have 3d text creation, and EI no longer has the modeler included... ??? and as far as I have read from both company sites, nobody has even thought to ask this question... should be intersting to find out... Does Silo go out and progam in a text creation tool, or does EI create one within EIAS (Electric Image Animation Systems)

read more about EI here

Anyways, just thought I would bring you all, the latest 3D News...

So... NeverCenter, the maker's of Silo, and Electric Image, have joined forces... for the time being anyways...

It would seem that EI could no longer gain the right's to licence the Modler they were using in thier packages, (modeler was owned by another company) and thus have chose to include Silo (for an extra 50.oo) as the modeler for EI...

My opinion?

Wow, the mid 3D market is quickly heating up eh... I mean on one side of the board you have Silo and EI, and on the other side you have Strata CX now supporting Wings3d files... ooooh, the makings a 3D app competition if I ever saw one

The one little part I don't get about this new union of Silo and EI is... who's going to do the 3D text creation?

As it is currently, Silo does not have 3d text creation, and EI no longer has the modeler included... ??? and as far as I have read from both company sites, nobody has even thought to ask this question... should be intersting to find out... Does Silo go out and progam in a text creation tool, or does EI create one within EIAS (Electric Image Animation Systems)

read more about EI here

Anyways, just thought I would bring you all, the latest 3D News...

Ha, text creation will be handled in EIAS... That's very good to know