Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In Corel Xara I used the Create Bitmap all the time to paste transparent objects into Painter 6 and loved the results. It meant I didn't have to save to a transparent gif file 1st.

In Corel Xara I got nice clean bitmaps, especially if I used a similar colored background. In Xara X (download date Dec 4) the results are terrible, PLUS it is extremely harder to figure out. I tried every option available still get terrible results.
    Judi

Sorry the image it hard to see, I was trying to keep the file size down. The top image on the red background is done in XaraX the text was on a white background. The bottom image was done in Corel Xara again the text was on a white background.

[This message was edited by Judi A on January 04, 2001 at 05:13 PM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In Corel Xara I used the Create Bitmap all the time to paste transparent objects into Painter 6 and loved the results. It meant I didn't have to save to a transparent gif file 1st.

In Corel Xara I got nice clean bitmaps, especially if I used a similar colored background. In Xara X (download date Dec 4) the results are terrible, PLUS it is extremely harder to figure out. I tried every option available still get terrible results.
    Judi

Sorry the image it hard to see, I was trying to keep the file size down. The top image on the red background is done in XaraX the text was on a white background. The bottom image was done in Corel Xara again the text was on a white background.

[This message was edited by Judi A on January 04, 2001 at 05:13 PM.]

Hi Judi
    If you create a bitmap copy with a particular background and use it against another colour then anti-aliasing will always give you a fringe around your transparent area. (Had you set the background to red you ought to have been all right in your particular instance). If you want to avoid an antialiasing fringe, try turning down the view quality (next to magnet at the top) by about one third before creating your copy. After creating your copy move it off the page to test the result against the grey background. See below.
    I have transparency problems on group exporting, but single exporting and create bitmap copy seems to work fine. My copy is dated Nov 19th
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

[This message was edited by tonylondon on January 05, 2001 at 08:51 AM.]

[This message was edited by tonylondon on January 05, 2001 at 09:02 AM.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tony

I created the bitmap on a white background for the purpose of showing the difference.

I went back and played around with it some more today. I think one of my problems was using too small of text, which of course has lots of angles and small lines. Today I used larger text, and it came out fine, I then I made the bitmap smaller and it still looked good. Whew!!!

Glad you got it sorted!
    Tony
    Tony